Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with news concerning his injury ? I just saw the brutal foul by Tristan on TV - :eek: unbelievable.

D

·
0 Posts
He's having an x-ray on his ancle tomorrow

So he could be out for one week, or the rest of the season.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Beckham relief for Man Utd

Keane is likely to miss the semi-final if United make it

David Beckham could return from injury in time for Manchester United's Champions League quarter-final, second leg clash with Deportivo La Coruna next week.
The England captain was stretchered off in agony at the end of United 2-0 win in Spain on Tuesday night after a horror tackle by Deportivo's Diego Tristan.

He was in flip-flops and his left ankle was bandaged as he travelled back with the rest of the squad on Wednesday.

A scan should confirm the extent of the problem, but United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes Beckham may only be suffering from bad bruising.

Beckham's injury initially looked serious

"We will know more later, but he could be back for next week," Ferguson added.

The news that Beckham could return for the second leg at Old Trafford will be a huge relief for Ferguson, who is already without captain Roy Keane and Paul Scholes.

Juan Veron is also an injury doubt.

Keane is out for a month after suffering a hamstring injury which also casts a shadow over his World Cup hopes with the Republic of Ireland.

Roy (Keane) has a hamstring injury and they tend to take four to six weeks

Sir Alex Ferguson
Keane appeared to pull up just before going into a challenge with Sergio during the quarter-final first leg and he immediately signalled to the bench.

The Republic of Ireland captain was replaced by Quinton Fortune just before half-time.

Ferguson said: "Roy has a hamstring injury and they tend to take four to six weeks."

Final heartache

Ferguson added that he had feared it could have been a more serious injury, which would have kept Keane out for longer.

Keane's injury is likely to rule him out of a possible Champions League semi-final and Premiership matches away to Leicester, Chelsea and Ipswich.

The second leg of the Champions League semi-final will be on 30 April, while United will play Arsenal in the Premiership on either 5 or 8 May.

The Irishman will be hoping to be fit in time for the final of the Champions League should United overcome Deportivo in the second leg and then win their semi-final.

Keane was banned for the Champions League final in 1999 when United beat Bayern Munich to take home the trophy - and he will be anxious to avoid that heartache again.

--------------------

Seems he will be back in a week or two.. Although the prospect of a Man U - Liverpool semi final in Europe with no Beckham would be good news to me (of course assuming both of them make it past Depor and Bayer respectively).. I would never want to see a player get injured.. and especially on a WC season..

Actually, without Beckham's skills and leadership.. I wouldn't bet on England at all this summer.. but I'm being optimistic.. hope he gets back in a game or two.. :)

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Though Beckham isn't my favourite player, that was a horribly unsporting thing for Tristan to have done. And then he had the temerity to suggest Beckham was faking. Should have been ejected from the game.

·
Registered
775 Posts
No Way!!!

Captain Of England Will play((I HOPE THAT))

And maybe he wont play for a WEEK

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
To be fair to Tristan he is not a dirty player and i think the tackle looked worse than it was. After the game he also issued an appology. It read something like this -

He said: "I'm so sorry, I lost my head. I'm very sorry about what happened. It all happened very quickly. I'm delighted to hear David is not badly hurt - I must admit I thought it would be a lot worse.

"I have been worried about him all day. It really was just my enthusiasm, a moment when I lost my head. Thank you for telling me he is OK. David Beckham is one of the world's great footballers.

"I repeat, I am very, very sorry and I will say sorry to David when I see him again. It is something I am not proud of it at all. Now I want to forget all about it."

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
I totally agree with Mutu...

I might be a bit biased here as I've always been a fan of Tristan.. But for someone to issue an apology like that.. it really shows that the football sense hasn't gone at all from this world.. and players like Tristan (although the tackle was horrible) are a few..

I'd like to take my hat off to Tristan (If I had one on :tongue: ) for his apology and I hope Beckham gets back soon.. after all.. we don't want Man U fans saying Liverpool won the title cuz someone was injured :tongue: *kidding*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts