Xtratime Community banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
inbred amoeba
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

I can't help but post a song I have posted before, by Daddy Roger (szobreaux, dont judge me too hard). He is often reproached to have used the Arab verses of the Palestinian Mahmoud Darwish without consent but the song is great nevertheless.

·
Registered
45,844 Posts
I like "la pizzica" but it is something which is proper of Salento (Lecce). Puglia or Apulia is a pretty long regione. I realize it whenever I go to Lecce by train. When I have to travel to Foggia (by night) it is... I can't say relaxing but it isn't that exhausting. Actually I have to be alert because if I fall asleep at some point (usually before Bologna), I must wake up at 5:30 AM, that means when the train reaches Foggia. Lecce instead, well, it looks like the train will never reach it, because there are 400 more kms and the train stops in every town! It's a long time since I went to Lecce the last time. I love that city... much more than Foggia, which is an ugly place tbh (earthquakes and being heavily bombed during WWII didn't help). Anyway, back to my point: both Salento (Lecce) and Capitanata (Foggia) belong to Puglia (Apulia) but they have very little in common from every point of view. First of all the dialects, which are completely different.

·
inbred amoeba
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
Those guys are fun; never heard of them.

Le mystere des voix bulgares, tho. My #52, easily.

There is a couple of cute comments to the video by one of the producers of Dream Theater btw

David Prater - Producer7 years ago
This remains the most astonishing music I've ever heard. I’m a record producer, musician and singer best known for my work with Dream Theater. This music has had a profound affect on my ability to make meaningful musical contributions throughout my body of work ever since I was made aware of its existence 27 years ago

61 - 80 of 80 Posts