Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During yesterday's halftime between USA/Guatemala, an advertisement from Eric Cantona appeared. Actually, it showed a German football show and Eric and his band invade the studio and take it over. Eric lambastts the current style of football saying something like "the cheating, the violence must stop..the game must be beautiful again". I was astonished as I have been thinking how the game has lost it's beauty due to the unnecessary fouls, shirt pulling, late violenty tackles, etc.

It's about time that someone took a stand and Eric at the end pleaded for everyone "to make the game beautiful again".

Has this played in Europe or anywhere else?

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
yeah I've seen, I've got it on DVD.
he was in London to launch it along with this new football game.

Rooney, Ronaldo, Rio/Anton Ferdinand, Keane, Fabregas were also there.

There must be a clip of it somewhere.... if I can't find I'll make one.

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
you missed his flying kick against a fan :sweeteye: that was the best one :D

·
42,192 Posts
that was one nice kick :sweeteye: jacky chan couldnt have done it better :stuckup:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I saw it here is Australia. was watching a soccer show called The World Game and it was on during an add break. How can he be an ambassador after all he fly kicked a crystal palace fan in the face :howler:

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
zolik said:
was watching a soccer show called The World Game and it was on during an add break.
wasn't it Ürge László who came up with that phrase down there?
is he still on the programme?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
zolik said:
I saw it here is Australia. was watching a soccer show called The World Game and it was on during an add break. How can he be an ambassador after all he fly kicked a crystal palace fan in the face :howler:
Funny, I saw the irony in it too.

Either way, I am sure the ads will be entertaining as we get to the WC. Nike is repeating its formula from the last WC.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
goalpdl said:
Either way, I am sure the ads will be entertaining as we get to the WC. Nike is repeating its formula from the last WC.
how do you mean? will there be another cage tournament?
in that case Gera must be in it!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Bentex said:
how do you mean? will there be another cage tournament?
in that case Gera must be in it!
No, I don't think it is the cage tournament.

It will be a series of ads that highlight the 5 things Cantona talks about in the ad. Teamwork, Courage, Grace....blah...blah...blah. So, I think we will be seeing alot of Msr Cantona over the coming months.

And, you can always go to www.nikesoccer.com :) They have everything you need to know.

·
42,192 Posts
:howler: and then they have Zlatan in it :howler: the biggest basterd there is :howler:

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts