Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 7 games yet remaining we have already passed last season's total points!

Not bad for a team that was supposed to be battling for relegation.

I really hope we are in Europe next season.

Ave Lazio.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Of the remaining matches, only three seem hard. Juve away is almost a sure loss and Livorno and Parma will also be tough battles. Against the others, Lecce, Ascoli, Siena and (forgot) we should be able to get the three points, or in case of away games at least one. Based on what Oddo said in an interview, it seems that the UEFA cup spot has indeed become the goal and it is motivating our players to fight for it. It sure looks to be an interesting and exciting end to the season. :)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Obviously the UEFA Cup is the goal, either that or we should just take money from the opponents and lose all the remaining games, which probably will bring us more money than participation in the above mentioned European competition, albeit in not the most legal of ways. :)
Anyway, I think the most important factor this year has been the bigger confidence, especially when we play at home. We often lose the lead but recover and try to make a comeback. And it seems this year we have had less injuries of vital players - Oddo and Zauri have played an awful lot of games, ditto fro Rocchi, etc. Let's see what we can do in the remaining games but whatever happens, I don't think we have many reasons to complain about this season from purely football perspective. Lotito's ways of ruling the club is quite a different matter and also for another thread. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts