• Landon Donovan (Bayer Leverkusen)

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should you have to choose one of the two, money aside and based solely on talent, which of these two Americans would you pick for your team?

I, personally, would take Beasley. He has the drive and the desire to go to Europe and be a star. Landon is more focused on staying comfortable and not changing things around.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Donovon has more skillz than Beasley. Beasley has more hunger to succeed :star:

Eddie Gaven and Freddy over them both in a couple of yrs ?:eekani:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Beasley

He does the job that he is supposed to
Without the media and groupy love

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jonny Knoxville said:
Donovon has more skillz than Beasley. Beasley has more hunger to succeed :star:

Eddie Gaven and Freddy over them both in a couple of yrs ?:eekani:
I agree with everything you've said here.

Donovan does have more talent. He's a very gifted player, one of the best the U.S. has to offer. However, he lacks any real ambition, meaning he can't ever really become the player he should be.

However, when it comes to Beasley, you have a guy who wants to be the best and then some. He's a player who doesn't have all of the talents of Landon, but he has the desire to become a better player than he really should be. :thmbup:

Yet I believe Eddie Gaven, Adu, and many others in Europe and at home have everything they need to become better players than either of these two.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
i just rate Donovan higher...i think hes an extremely complete offensive player...he should do well in europe.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I voted Beasley. He is super fast, and with this makes good goal scoring opps. for his team. Also, he doesn't seem to B*tch to the media like Donovan as of late. I think Donovan is a very good player, but I would much rather have Beasley, a proven goal scorer in European competion.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I don't know I keep waiting for Beasley to break in Half. He is so small you wonder if he is going to be able to keep taking the hits he gets from Defenders. Yet till now he has proven me wrong, but sooner or later its going to catch up with him.
Donovan may need to get motivated but I think he will have more longevity.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Sure Beasley's pretty small, but there are a lot of small players who have been quite successful. He seems to have the technical skill to thrive at PSV and deserves a lot of praise for his performances so far. With that said, on current form, I'd much rather have Beasley. Donovan's not bad, but I dislike his attitude. If Donovan had any sort of motivation, he would be over there right now playing in the CL. Instead, he wants to be "comfortable" in San Jose.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
beasely has more talent

i saw them both as raw kids on the same team.....Beasley was sickwittted and donovan was a ***** back then.....

beasley's only problem is he needs 10 pounds of muscle or he wont leave holland ever

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
vote for Donovan...considering performances that he has shown for years..

However, in future, I don't know. Beasley is doing great in PSV, and Donovan is about to restart with Leverkusen. So, I just have to watch :undecide:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts