Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Next season, for the first time ever, the Primera División will have a sponsor. Next season, the Primera División of La Liga will be called BBVA Liga and the Segunda División will be called Adelante Liga, also linked with the slogan of the bank.

So the Spanish Liga join other major European leagues in this trend and the Basque bank will pay 32M euros per season in a 3 year contract, with another 2 optional.

The teams of Primera División will receive 750,000 € per year each and the the teams of Segunda 325,000 €.

BBVA is a Basque bank with 100,000 workers, 35M customers and 1M shareholders that is based in 40 countries. The BBVA group owns banks in Western Europe (France, Portugal, UK, Ireland, Italy), China and in all America, from the USA to South America. BBVA is the 15th banking institution of the World with 61 billion euros of capitalization and the 2nd in Spain behind Banco Santander, who are more focused in the Formula1 market.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Wasn't Segunda called BBVA Liga last season?

Anyways its for the money and if it improves the teams in the league its all good.
It'll always be known as La Liga.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wasn't Segunda called BBVA Liga last season?

Anyways its for the money and if it improves the teams in the league its all good.
It'll always be known as La Liga.
Yes, but they extended their sponsorship deal to Primera División. In fact, they do not abandone Segunda División, because "Adelante" is their commercial slogan.

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
The teams of Primera División will receive 750,000 € per year each and the the teams of Segunda 325,000 €.
That's not how things are done in Spain, why change it now?!?! It should be like TV deals, Barca and RM getting 15m per season and the rest around 50,000 per season.

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
That's not how things are done in Spain, why change it now?!?! It should be like TV deals, Barca and RM getting 15m per season and the rest around 50,000 per season.
:howler: Fcukin' havin a laugh, let's not change that, great system that is.

Anyway i like it, nice name an' all. BBVA LIGA.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, I wonder what we'll spend our 750k on. Maybe we can put that money into offering Alves a house or something? :D
I don't think Alves will want to live in a 750k house, considering the current prices...:moan:

·
Registered
133 Posts
hi my team f.c ashdod from israel brought steven cohen fro ferrol to trials can you tell some details about him? is he any good?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts