Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another 2 goals against reggina and fastly enhancing his reputation as one of Italy's hottest strikers,Bazzani has all the attributes an excellent ability with his head great with his head.And pressing his selection for the Italian squad for Euro 2004.What a star" La Samp Vola con Fabio".:)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Bazzani is a real killer!:)

I saw him score twice last season against Cosenza, he has an amazing ability to convert almost every chance he gets.
I could see him as an extra stiker at Euro2004, he certainly has the same qualities as other candidates.

ADRIAAN
_______

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw that goal alright I was gobsmacked,I mean what technique this guy has.

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
Diavolo said:
I know they call him Van Bazzen:cool:
Yes, but... Van Basten was much better. :tongue:

Yet, Bazzani can is a very good forward. I heard people comparing him to Ciccio Graziani, the Italian forward who has been World champion in 1982 and, indeed, the comparison suits.

Other surnames: Bazzagoal and Bazman.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
i know some too bazzbo...bazzistuta..bazzaldo..bazzul..bazzisterloy..bazzario..bazziola..bazzelbaink:tongue:

anyway i saw the goal and it was indeed great and i think bazza must be the guide for our guy rigano....

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
i watched his goal against lazio and i think its easy to pick one of the various nicks for this week:

that was definitely a bazzisterloy:howler:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Roma in Bazzani pursuit Monday 2 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The January transfer window may have now shut but Roma are preparing a summer swoop for Fabio Bazzani.

The Sampdoria star was being lined up with a move to either Milan or Juventus but they have cooled their interest.

Milan seem more than happy with the role that Jon Dahl Tomasson is playing, while Juve don’t need a new target man with David Trezeguet set to extend his contract.

That has allowed Roma to jump to the front of the queue as boss Fabio Capello would like a new powerful target man.

The Giallorossi currently have John Carew on loan from Valencia but it is unclear whether the Norwegian will remain.

Reports suggest that Carew may be released if Roma can secure themselves the services of the 28-year-old.

Samp recently valued the Azzurri international at £10m but Roma are keen to propose a swap deal.

They want to offer former Doria favourite Vincenzo Montella to the Marassi outfit in return for Bazzani.

Montella, now 30, would welcome a return to his previous club given the fact that he has never been guaranteed a starting shirt by Capello in the capital.

channel4

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bazzchenko,Bazzinaldo,Bazzaldinho,Bend it like Bazza.:tongue:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Bazzani reveals Euro dreams Saturday 14 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Bazzani has high hopes for 2004 – including a spot in the European Championship squad and a UEFA Cup place for Sampdoria.

“We certainly have the capabilities to qualify for Europe this season,” insisted the hitman. “Even if we fail to hit this mark, our campaign will have been a resounding success.”

The Blucerchiati were only promoted from Serie B in the summer, but are just one point off the UEFA spots.

Bazzani is undoubtedly the symbol of their success and has already set a new personal best with his 11th Serie A goal of the season.

“This is a positive moment for both myself and the whole squad,” admits the ex-Perugia hero.

“We have consolidated our position in the top flight and everyone understands just what we are capable of. It is crucial that before anything else we notch up enough points to be assured of avoiding relegation.”

Samp face a tough test this weekend with a trip to Roberto Baggio’s Brescia, a team that beat the mighty Roma in its last home game.

“Brescia really have changed their whole style since Christmas and are playing very well,” noted Bazzani, “as shown by their performances against Roma and Milan.”

“The same thing happened with us, as after an initial period of adjustment the side has found its own identity.”

This is set to be a big year for the striker as well, as he expects a call-up for Wednesday’s international friendly against the Czech Republic.

“I was very happy to be called for two friendlies already this season. Italy has a group of strikers that are the envy of the world, so to be a part of that selection would be an immense honour.”

channel4

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
There is a reason for this, Lennon. The big clubs don't like their players to get tired in the friendly vs Czechs so Trap had to behave like King Salomone and convoke just 3 players for each big club involved in the struggle for the scudetto (Roma, Milan, Juve).
Since Cassano got injured, Trap had to convoke another player of Roma otherwise the other clubs would have protested ( I know this is nonsense :rolleyes: ), so Delvecchio was the man.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts