Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bazzani reveals Euro dreams Saturday 14 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Bazzani has high hopes for 2004 – including a spot in the European Championship squad and a UEFA Cup place for Sampdoria.

“We certainly have the capabilities to qualify for Europe this season,” insisted the hitman. “Even if we fail to hit this mark, our campaign will have been a resounding success.”

The Blucerchiati were only promoted from Serie B in the summer, but are just one point off the UEFA spots.

Bazzani is undoubtedly the symbol of their success and has already set a new personal best with his 11th Serie A goal of the season.

“This is a positive moment for both myself and the whole squad,” admits the ex-Perugia hero.

“We have consolidated our position in the top flight and everyone understands just what we are capable of. It is crucial that before anything else we notch up enough points to be assured of avoiding relegation.”

Samp face a tough test this weekend with a trip to Roberto Baggio’s Brescia, a team that beat the mighty Roma in its last home game.

“Brescia really have changed their whole style since Christmas and are playing very well,” noted Bazzani, “as shown by their performances against Roma and Milan.”

“The same thing happened with us, as after an initial period of adjustment the side has found its own identity.”

This is set to be a big year for the striker as well, as he expects a call-up for Wednesday’s international friendly against the Czech Republic.

“I was very happy to be called for two friendlies already this season. Italy has a group of strikers that are the envy of the world, so to be a part of that selection would be an immense honour.”

channel4

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
You have to question why Trap convokes him once, then forgets him while he continues to perform well for Samp.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Trap convoked hon once,but for 2 friendlies...

I think that the question is really not difficult to solve:Corradi and Del Vecchio dress shirts more considered than Sampdoria one.

If we consider also,that in last 2 matches Bazzani helped a lot Cipriani,maybe disappearing from his usual results,the problem is solved.
If Bazza wants to have some opportunities for Portugal he must continue to play with the anger and the fury he 's used to have,and he will have to realize many other goals.
Don't forget that this player is from an year serie B,I'm not surprised that Trap considered him once,and the not the time after,but Trap already knows him,and for Portugal he will bring with him,I hope,the best players,then we will se who will be present.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Twice, you're correct, remebered the game V Romania, I forgot about the Poland match.

We all know he is better than Delvecchio and Corradi, I am now begining to think like you, the teams they play for influences Trap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts