Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey... this Bazzani is really HOT.... while the more established and bit cold Montella going to Samp aint bad for you guys. This swap news is everywhere... deserves a thread right?

Montella must be happy to move on and play in Samp.. as change is needed to try boost his chances ahead of Euro2004. I bet Carew will have a lot of bench when this deal goes through.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Romanista10,

Just saw your post in the 'transfers' after I opened this... hope u dont mind.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think this would be a decent move for all involved!!!

I rate Montella highly as you know, but Bazzani would suit our current system ans is a good goalscorer, it would also be good for Bazzani to test himself at the top while Montella has never really shone for us, never hit the heights he could have and now maybe its a good move for him also! Great for Samp also!!!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hey... this Bazzani is really HOT....
Ok dude, if u wanna have sex with him just keep it to yourself ok? Its a football forum! :D

I dont wanna see Montella out for Bazzani NO WAY! Montella is great, yes he has been suffering some injuries lately but it cant last forever.

BOOMER IS 100% VINNY MONTELLA

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Deano said:
I think this would be a decent move for all involved!!!

I rate Montella highly as you know, but Bazzani would suit our current system ans is a good goalscorer, it would also be good for Bazzani to test himself at the top while Montella has never really shone for us, never hit the heights he could have and now maybe its a good move for him also! Great for Samp also!!!
Montella has shown his true worth for Roma. the season before the world cup saw him play great football. Roma are going to be in the CL next season IMO, and if a player like Montella was going to leave, you would want to replace him with a player who has that level of experience. Montella is able to play at any level and in form, he will play good anywhere.

Bazzani to me could very well be another Marazzina if you get what i mean.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
I agree with CUG. Bazzani is good for teams like Samp. In Roma, Montella is our man, he hasent played ina long while, how can you replace him only cuz Bazzani is playing ok?
Bazzani will be like Legrottaglie for Juve, a total failure.
Let Montella back and play him. You will see results. Also, if I had to give Montella I would never give him for Bazzani!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boomer said:
Ok dude, if u wanna have sex with him just keep it to yourself ok? Its a football forum! :D

I dont wanna see Montella out for Bazzani NO WAY! Montella is great, yes he has been suffering some injuries lately but it cant last forever.

BOOMER IS 100% VINNY MONTELLA
Didnt know calling one 'hot' means sex follows.

if I got a beard... wanna call me Daddy?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I repeat, Montella has not shown his true worth for Roma.

Injuries mainly play their part in that but also the personal problems he had. Sure he had 1 great half a season but the player he was at Samp, showed he could have been something really special for both Roma and the Azzuri!!!

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Well, Montella was great in his first season for us IIRC, i wasn't following the team closely but he scored quite a few goals that year. Next season Bati came, he went to the bench, but still managed to scored 12 or 13 goals, most of tehm cricial and gamewinners, and that famous last minute equaliser against Juve at Delle Empty which I will forever remember.:star: Next year he missed most of the the first part because of injury, but in the second half was simply on fire(1:5 anyone ;) ). Thye only truly bad campaign he had was 2002/03, but who wasn't bad then?

About the deal, I am against it. Bazzani look like a one season wonder to me, right now his price is at its all time high. If we have to sell Montella, I prefer to be in cash.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Montella had 2 great seasons with Roma. In 2000, he scored 18 goals as a full time starter and in 2001, he scored 13 as a super-sub. He hasn't been healthy since and lets be honest Romanisti, as much as we love Vincenzino...his stats are VERY misleading. L'Aeroplanino often scores all his goals in bunches, where he goes crazy with like 6 goals in 3 games....then he's invisible for 4 games....then he goes on a streak again. Roma need exactly what they had in 2001 with Batistuta....a 20+goal scorer who can just devastate opponents with a goal at any possible time in the game. I'll never forget the 1-0 win over Fiorentina in 2001, when Batigol scored a sublime goal when the game seemed destined for a goalless draw or down 1-0 to Parma in the second half, Bati scored 2 second half goals in an 8 minute span to give us the win. We desperately miss a striker like this.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
So you think Bazzani is as reliable as Batigol at his best? I don't think so, that's why I am against this swap.

It's true that Montella usually scores on a streak, but that's the case with most strikers, and when he's in hot form, he's as good as anyone in the world IMO. He won us a lot of a points virtually by himself in the spring of 2001 too BTW, two last minute equaliser against Perugia and Juve, quite a few winning goals as well(against Inter, etc). He's been great this year too, his goals per minute ratio is just great. I am confident he can show his true potential when he comes back from that injury and am really hopeful this is his last one for the year.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Demandred said:
So you think Bazzani is as reliable as Batigol at his best?
Absolutely not. But I'd still make the deal because at least Bazzani is likely to be there the remaining 16 games. Montella isn't due back for 3 more weeks and if (a big IF) he is finally over the injury, it will take 3-4 just to regain form. It could be longer since its a knee injury. Also, there is no reason to believe Montella will ever be 100% ever again. This is the 3rd season in a row where he has suffered a serious injury and he is now 30 years old. He makes alot of money, he is getting older, and he is injury prone. By the time he returns to form this season, the Scudetto race may already be a foregone conclusion.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
He's getting some injuries but he's actually never been this injury prone before. It is true, that he has scored in fits and starts for us but that wasn't the case with Samp, where he scored goals on a constant basis. Cap was putting him in and taking him out all the time, it was impossible for him to bring a nice consitency to his game. This season where he might of got the chance, hes been hounded by injuries, he's unlucky. As Demandred pointed out, before last season (the divorce etc.), Montella had the highest goals per mins played ratio in the Serie A, this guy is one of the deadliest strikers in football history and we own him.

Bazzani, well, i cant say ive seen him much before this season but he managed no more than a goal every three games in the Serie B last year and was hardly impressive at Venezia or Perugia where i can remeber him getting a few goals, he definetly wasn't setting any records or anything. So aside from this season, we would get rid of one of Italys, potentially best players for a relatively unproven Bazzani, whos role at the club could be filled by Carew? Btw, with regards this age thing with Montella, Montella is 29 if im not mistaken and Bazzani is what?27/28?? Bringing up comparisons about age when the difference is minimal is ridiculous. I do agree that we need a world class, Bati esq player however and have been saying that for some time.

·
Registered
833 Posts
We need a player like Bati when he was in form.... yeah sure BUT OF COURSE WE DO! Batistuta is one of the best strikers in the world and we wont get someone to do his job as good as he did in our 2k/2k1 season for a small amount of money. Actually who could actually do that Bati thing? Van Nistelrooy and who else? Montella is a great player, and I do mean great and I would be happy to see him ending his career with us. We dont need any striker this season. What we do need is a decent left winger, a defender and a sub for Mancini (to bench him, not to replace him as hes being one of our best players so far this season).

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
In regards to scoring in bunches, he isnt the only player to do that. Owen is similar to that also, especially in his younger days where he would score a hattrick and then not socre for a few games. Very few strikers can be consistant as such. Vieri, RVN, Henry, Trez come to mind.

anyway, i believe that Vieri would be perfect for Roma. with totti and cassano supporting him, he would score hattricks for sure.

Offer Montella in the deal to get him. Montella would form a nice partnership with Adriano also. both teams get the goods.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
I bet you that if Montella comes back and scores a matchwinner everyone that wants him to go for Bazzani will come back and say "Lets keep him!".
Guys, I am for SELLING Montella, but to make some money not for some one-season hyped player. Bazzani for free is cool, but for Montella? No way. He is no where close.
This is the problem in soccer, a player does well for some games and he is a star, you have to see how good will he be on the long run.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts