Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
It is all about the same thing. The second link sums the other ones up quite well.

Set pieces are our problem for years now yet we save money to buy players where we are stuck with world class ones and don't spend to wipe out our weak spots.

And about the refereeing:
I stand by what I said: Never blame the referee.
I made a joke out of Roma fans when they were apparently mistreated in CL after they invaded our foum last season, becasue I can't stand this referee blaming unless it is REALLY obvious and not some so or so situations.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Bayman's dream midfield

:star:Vicente-Albeda-Baraja-Maniche:star:

WOW, what a team. It suits Bayman Valencia fantasy and Maniche affirmation perfectly.:D

In Bayman's system, he likes to play 2 box-box midfielders with another 2 SOLID DM protecting the central defence. In this Valencia-Maniche matrix, we'll say bye to the pathetic Pirlo :shades: , the one-dimentioned Gattuso :shades: and the inconsistent Seedorf :shades: . Instead, we have 4 players who can RUN, run and ...........and what?:D

Oh yes, with this midfield we can create 10000 chances for the attack in Turin against Juve, our play won't be dull, won;t be static. Instead, we will be as effective and efficient as...Valencia. :rolleyes:

I always has great respect for Bayman, despite hating our slow team play for the last 3 years :rolleyes: , he still remained with us and created over 1000 posts to try to get Pirlo out of the pitch. :dontcare: Respect guys, to our true legend, the one and only one...BAYMAN.:D

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I never ever said a single bad word on Seedorf and barely anything on Gattuso.
And one ballwinner + 2 box-to-box midfielder are enough in a 4 man midfield.

And I was NEVER negative on Kaka, was always positive on Cafu and Pancaro from day 1 and so on. I'm not always negative.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
What do you think of Pirlo's performance last night?:)

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Payman, don't be impatient, your turn would be soon.:D

tmr presidente shall give us another great thread,

:star:Payman and Milan:star:

to Bayman,

that's unfair, dude, u bashed pirlo for slowing down our play and having average defensive abilities, but mind you seedorf has been much lazier than pirlo when come to defending, and seedorf, when off form, lost much more balls than an off-form pirlo.

that's trade-off. you can have techinardi and C.Zanetti who give 100 per cent consistency but have 0 talent combined. With the talented combo Pirlo and Seedorf, you risk seeing some average performances from them, but they are mood players, when in form, they can give hundreds times than what albeda-baraja-maniche-c.zanetti could give us.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
He is still unable to play into the box, combine (1-2's) with the strikers and go for goal himself. All his balls go to our players who are located outside a virtual 20-25m radius half-circle around Buffon.
It looks nice and we keep posession (all balls reach the target), but these are not decisive final balls.
It should be possible, as an example to play a low ball to Sheva, take his rebound, fake a shot, run 2-3 more metres in the box and shot on goal. Some REAL creativity I'm looking for. Or some REAL killer crosses as Cafu mostly delivers: powerfull and precise, not slow. Sheva and Crespo are good enough on high balls (especially Hernan).

Playing (distributing) and setting up play in open midfield is one thing, but cracking up a packed defense around the box is something different. And we need players to do THIS.

His defensive contribution was good - and imo we won't ever need Albelda and Baraja's for Serie A as the midfields are too poor anyway. But against Barca Baraja would have been very usefull with his aerial threat and distance shots.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Bayman said:
He is still unable to play into the box, combine (1-2's) with the strikers and go for goal himself. All his balls go to our players who are located outside a virtual 20-25m radius half-circle around Buffon.
It looks nice and we keep posession (all balls reach the target), but these are not decisive final balls.
It should be possible, as an example to play a low ball to Sheva, take his rebound, fake a shot, run 2-3 more metres in the box and shot on goal. Some REAL creativity I'm looking for. Or some REAL killer crosses as Cafu mostly delivers: powerfull and precise, not slow. Sheva and Crespo are good enough on high balls (especially Hernan).

those responsibilities you mentioned belong to an AM, dude.

Mind you that Pirlo play as a defensive playmaker, his role is to playmake and control the tempo our play, not dribbling defenders and giving assits. That's kaka job.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bayman said:
He is still unable to play into the box, combine (1-2's) with the strikers and go for goal himself.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Elephant King said:
those responsibilities you mentioned belong to an AM, dude.

Mind you that Pirlo play as a defensive playmaker, his role is to playmake and control the tempo our play, not dribbling defenders and giving assits. That's kaka job.

Your first sentence is our problem and imo the reason for the downfall of Italian football except for 2002/2003 CL season (look ate Euro how they hyped Totti as the key, if he is out (as always on big games) you get one of the worst displays possible).
Why on earth should only 3 (AM + 2 strikers) attack? That way you get boring 0-0's becasue it isn't that easy to break down Juve.
Aren't we Milan who play champagne football?
Why not having 5 player who are able to do this. That way they are in big trouble at the back. Vicente is similar skilled as Kaka (technically gifted, good crosser) and hardworking for defensive duties.

@Diavolo
He wouldn't help improving our system as he can't defend. Of course Kaka would be a sub (or second striker) from the minute he is in our team.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bayman said:
@Diavolo
He wouldn't help improving our system as he can't defend. Of course Kaka would be a sub (or second striker) from the minute he is in our team.
:D

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Bayman is a Cugino!:stuckup:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Bayman said:
Your first sentence is our problem and imo the reason for the downfall of Italian football except for 2002/2003 CL season (look ate Euro how they hyped Totti as the key, if he is out (as always on big games) you get one of the worst displays possible).
Why on earth should only 3 (AM + 2 strikers) attack? That way you get boring 0-0's becasue it isn't that easy to break down Juve.
Aren't we Milan who play champagne football?
Why not having 5 player who are able to do this. That way they are in big trouble at the back. Vicente is similar skilled as Kaka (technically gifted, good crosser) and hardworking for defensive duties.

@Diavolo
He wouldn't help improving our system as he can't defend. Of course Kaka would be a sub (or second striker) from the minute he is in our team.[/B}

oh well, who can afford to play defensive midfielder who 'exchange one-two with forwards and shoot'? :rolleyes:

even brazil fielded two defensive midfielders in WC 02, Kleberson and Gilberto. When they these two guys 'dribble' in the penalty area and ever scored? :wth:

so brazil is playing bad football. :rolleyes:

and italy's failure was NOT pirlo and gattuso. it's crap's tactic. It's totti's disgrace. It's DP's pathetic performances. It's the poor defending against set pieces...anyway it's off topic. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MILAN.

last of all, are u a bit harsh about your comment about Diego Maradona? :groan: :D

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Originally Posted by Bayman
@Diavolo
So who would improve our system? Baraja? Vincente? Albeida? Angulo? Di Vaio? :lala:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
San Siro said:
So who would improve our system? Baraja? Vincente? Albeida? Angulo? Di Vaio? :lala:

Cheers.;)

corradi, another valencia legend.

unlike maradona, corradi is hardworking and able to defend. he may create less but he's more effective. we are too predictable and dull right now.

corradi is the key, valencia got bad result this season because ranieri bench their ace.
sign him.:D

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
San Siro said:

Cheers.;)
Vicente definetely - every single game.
DiVaio and Angulo are average - not needed.
Baraja or Albelda would be a fantastic player against English/Spanish teams with world class midfields to keep posession here. And Baraja for set-pieces, he'd be a tremendous help here.

Corradi useless - but we had this topic already last summer.

Valencia has only 4 players I like: Vicente, Baraja, Albelda and Aimar (you forgot him). And we don't need all of them; just one player like Vicente (could be Solari too if Galliani doesn't want to spend) and a two-sided defensive midfielder.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Bayman you are TOO KIND to Seedorf, Gattuso and Kaka! :nono: I shall something bad about the three of them! :D On Seedorf I think he doesn't contribute enough to Milan's midfield and Dhorasoo is much better workrate and faster pace than him! So play Dhorasoo please! :D On Gattuso he tends to lose the ball more times than the ball he wins! He is becoming a liability to the team because of this! :( As for Kaka, he's final passes sux! If he has Rui Costa's passing skills, Sheva and Crespo would have scored more goals by now! :) Am I correct???

·
Registered
303 Posts
Bayman said:
Valencia has only 4 players I like: Vicente, Baraja, Albelda and Aimar (you forgot him). And we don't need all of them; just one player like Vicente (could be Solari too if Galliani doesn't want to spend) and a two-sided defensive midfielder.
We could use a 'Cafu' on the left flank too. It helps by giving us more attack options. will be good. Getting Jankulovski or Maxwell would be great!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts