Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
0-1, Kimmich scored a la Totti. Great goal.

Bayern had more scoring opportunities compared to Dortmund but Dortmund will feel hard done by as they deserved a penalty due to the shot of Haaland hitting the arm of Boateng

·
Registered
17,517 Posts
I would have accepted a penalty there. But I would have also expected a penalty for the late foul on Lewandowski at the end of the match.

Of course two wrongs dont make one right but it should at least be mentioned.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes both were penalties. Lewa was shoved. Was VAR down or something?

I only mentioned the Dortmund one as Bayern already won anyhow, 0-1 is the same as 0-2 in the grand scheme of things and that Lewa pen was pretty late in the game.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True, the concept is great, but not the application.

·
Registered
17,517 Posts
Yesterday an offside goal was given for Leipzig. I don't understand how VAR refs did not see that.

Yes, it is close, but why do the TV stations notice it and VAR does not?

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bayern mathematically seal the title with a 0-1 away win at Bremen tonight. Nice assist by Boateng, good control and finish Lewandowski. Neuer with a big 89th minute save from Osako.

Congrats to Bayern fans.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RasenBallsport Leipzig
2 - 2
Fortuna Düsseldorf

Dusseldorf scored a 90th minute equalizer that could prove crucial in terms of the relegation battle, they are now in the relegation playoff spot - 1 point above Bremen.

Borussia Dortmund
0 - 2
Mainz 05

Huge result for Mainz in terms of survival.

Still their game with Bremen on Saturday will be a battle. Plan on watching that.

Would be a shame if Werder Bremen get relegated but their decline has been evident in recent seasons. I recall in my time as an Interista we played them 6 times in 3 CL seasons (04-05, 08-09 and 10-11), so they were always up there... but the days of Micoud, Ailton and Diego are long gone..

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No idea, at least Wiki don't know..

Perhaps @Tigerheart can tell us

Last time he coached was in 2016 (sacked by Hannover after taking over midseason)... strange really, and he never coached outside of Germany. He could easily get decent contracts in Gulf for instance.

·
Registered
17,517 Posts
He is a technical director at Werder Bremen. Please don't ask me what that position actually means other than "advisor".

He was also co-coaching the U23 of Bremen end of last year due to injury of the existing assistant coach there. But that was a temporary thing out of emergency situation.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info @Tigerheart

On the subject of Bundesliga but a bit OT: I was searching through the internet for additional info about an Egyptian former LB who I rated, Mohamed Emara, and I found out he helped Hansa Rostock beat Bayern twice in 2000-2001.

2 assists in the 2 wins.

Never knew that before, but for an Egyptian like me it's terrific.

Especially considering how star studded that Bayern team was.

·
Registered
17,517 Posts
Yeah, to be honest I didn't remember him. Remember Hani Ramzi (he must have won the Bundesliga title even) and Zidan (not sure if he was with Dortmund when they won it).

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hani Ramzi didn't win Bundesliga unfortunately. He joined Bremen in 94, and they had won it in 92-93.

And he joined Kaiserslautern in 98, and they had won it in 97-98..

He only won 1 trophy in Germany with Bremen, the Super cup in 1994

You're right about Zidan winning Bundesliga though. Klopp was a fan of his, took him there (they were at Mainz together previously)

·
Registered
17,517 Posts
Ah, I thought he was in the 1998 Kaiserslautern. Anyway, not making fun here, but he is mostly known for his Oscar-like performance faking an injury after Rehhagel subbed a 4th foreigner in. That must have been 98/99 then. :D

It is of course Rehhagel's fault (for asking him to do this nonsense). Oh btw, they lost the game anyway.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha that's pretty funny.

Yeah Hany has 0 blame here, you need to follow the instructions of your coach.

Ballack was laughing :D

Sforza was great for that side..

Kaiserslautern also had another Egyptian defender back then, Samir Ibrahim 'Kamouna'

He joined Kaiserslautern after he impressed Rehhagel in the 1998 African cup of Nations (which Egypt won)

Kamouna scored on his Bundesliga debut (against Munich 1860)

Was one of my favourite Egyptian players in the 90s.

I would like to see both 1860 and Kaiserslautern back to Bundesliga, but unfortunately they are both in the third division.. (Hansa Rostock lying there too)

·
Registered
17,517 Posts
Commentator says "that Samir scored shows his self-esteem as he made so many mistakes in the game and still had the courage to take the shot". :D :D :D

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Samir scored from shots for both Al Ahly and the NT, most notably against Mexico in 99 Confederations cup from a free kick.

His best goal ever was this imo, in the Egyptian league

1 - 20 of 39 Posts