·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
ok :D

jeffy...thats not the spirit :pp: :stuckup:

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
I hope RV does not repeat his error vs Porto and start Lopez. There's no way he's game ready to jump in to such a big game after missing so much action.

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
i agree, cant do with lopez what was done with salvio, specially because we dont need it....lindeloff has been playing very well, and so has jardel....they are well, they have game routine, they should start and surely will, lopez will be in the bench for a backup, because we need samaris available for the midfield

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
no matter what, i'm wishing all the best to our boys tonight :proud:

it will be a david vs goliath match, and all the odds are agaisnt us, but hey...lets have fun and make the best of it...pressure is on our opponent's side, we have to go, be brave, pull our best A game and look for the best possible result

( yes, i'm using the word best a lot....it's the best word i can think of:D)

here is a clip of our fans in munich....i hope they keep it up during the game, for the team, no matter what :D

abola.pt - A BOLA on-line - Miragens

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
bayern scored at 2mins, with a defensive failure in the CB's area ( eliseu...humm), but truth is the game is very balanced, kudos to benfica for being able to react well to the early goal, and balancing the game out

bayern could have already scored again, but so could we, i like the fact that we are not on the back defending, but figthing for the ball in the midfield and taking a chance to move up when possible

need to keep it up, and make sure we dont miss so many passes when in attack

vidal has to be the man of the macth so far, by scoring the early goal and by preventing us from scoring just on xt with his own..."body":D

its possible that at some point a PK could have been called agaisnt bayern ( laham's arm on the ball) but tbh he's on the ground falling...not much he could do to prevent the ball from hitting him....other than that, the ref has been very well

everson showing what a great keeper he is in a couple occasions

FORÇA BENFICA!!!!

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
I know we're away, but don't let them drive down every single time. I liked the random high pressure. Benfica forced a,lot of long balls in their timely preassures.

Need to do better with the counter - had an opportunity with significant numbers, but the switch was slow in coming. Need to do way better there.

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
Close the wide areas and don't all drift to the player with the ball.
like in the goal at 2mins, right?:D

but yes i think that was sort of fixed afterwards, we need to improve upfront now, make sure dont miss so many crosses and shots upfront

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
1-0 FT

No away goal, but nice recovery from the disaster beginning. No Pistolas for the return leg. I wonder if they will lineup with a 4-5-1 at home because of that.

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
if u want him...80M reza :pp:

lost 1-0.....i take it, Benfica played with character and all is open, we can still make it to the semi's ;)

must admit this 2nd half i really really thought we were at least going to get the draw, with a couple clear goal chances missed, but then bayern had a couple too so...oh well, looks like we'll have to beat them at home, and dont let them score, but its possible, we showed today it's possible

FORÇA BENFICA!!!!!

ps. told u that wasn't the spirit jeff;) :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts