Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bayern To Sign Brazilian Defender Juan

Edmundo da Silva, president of Flamengo has announced that center back Juan has been sold to Bayern Munich for $6m. The Rio defender is a precaution on the possibility that Ghanian Sammy Kuffour might be sold to AS Roma, who are still acquiring about his availability.

Personally, I would keep Kuffour as the Bayern back 4 have been magnificent this year. Why break it up? Just let Juan add to the rotation. Then the Bayern defense would be complete with Liza, Sagnol, R. Kovac, along with Linke as a sub, and Hargreaves at rightback if needed.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
I couldn't find it in German papers/websites yet. But even if it is true, we will never sell Kuffour.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
i didnt read that yet......and if we did ,we should not sell Kuffour @ any expense........I dont think Bayern will pay 6 M for Juan now if they are still after Edmilson who will cost them around 16 million $.............by the way Roma are chasing Bordon now ,i think Bayern should try sign him as well.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Champ said:
Edmundo da Silva, president of Flamengo has announced that center back Juan has been sold to Bayern Munich for $6m. The Rio defender is a precaution on the possibility that Ghanian Sammy Kuffour might be sold to AS Roma, who are still acquiring about his availability.

Personally, I would keep Kuffour as the Bayern back 4 have been magnificent this year. Why break it up? Just let Juan add to the rotation. Then the Bayern defense would be complete with Liza, Sagnol, R. Kovac, along with Linke as a sub, and Hargreaves at rightback if needed.
I got it from worldsoccernews.com

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i can't find it too.. :confused:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked again at worldsoccernews.com. It is under the archive section now on the date of April 29, 2002. Since nothing has been said from the Bayern camp nor from the German media, perhaps it was an unsubstantiated rumour.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
No no,the rumour is right, i read about it in another site,but the asking prics is not 6M $ its 6.6 million pounds,around 10 million$.I think paying 15M $ over Edmilson is better cause we are sure of his abilities and not like this Juan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts