Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Without Beckham and Keane, Man U can be had.

Here are my formations:

Defensive 4-5-1:

..............Nowotny...............Lucio
Sebescen.....................................Placente

Schneider...........Ramelow........Ze Roberto
..................Ballack...........Basturk

............................Brdaric

Offensive 4-4-2

..............Nowotny................Lucio
Schneider......................................Placente

.............................Ramelow
Basturk..................Ballack..............Ze Roberto

....................Neuville.....Berbatov

vs

.............Van Nistelrooy.......Solskjaer

Giggs...........Veron.............Butt...........Scholes

Silvestre.............................................G Neville
..............Blanc............................Brown

Clearly, Man U are a different team without Beckham and Scholes.

I like it when Leverkusen are underestimated. It gives us an advantage. My pick is Leverkusen on to the Finals in Glasgow.

·
Registered
194 Posts
ya ..without keane and beckham...bayer have a good chance..
but dont forget...manu have only the CL trophy to look forward too...and wahtever team they put out ,at old traford it's always difficult for the away team...

L

·
0 Posts
MAN UTD 3-1 BAYER
BAYER 2-2 MAN UTD

they both have crap defences, but Lucio is a joke.

so I go with united.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
If Lucio is a joke,what are you? a comic book?:D

L

·
0 Posts
Marvin4 said:
If Lucio is a joke,what are you? a comic book?:D
Lucio is supposed to be a Centre Back, yet he looks great charging forward with the ball, take it away from him and hes chuffin useless, OWEN left him for a 200 year old oak tree many times in the game.

His defensive positioning is crap, but he can head the ball well.

overall he should be a sub who is brought on in the last 10 mins when you need someone to get on the end of a cross or help overrun a defence.

But that boy aint no defender

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
u think he should be a substitute while all big teams in europe are after his signature.....i wonder who's right here ,you or the big teams coaches?:D

L

·
0 Posts
Marvin4 said:
u think he should be a substitute while all big teams in europe are after his signature.....i wonder who's right here ,you or the big teams coaches?:D
they want him but not for defending, they will put a real centre half next to him.

They want him for his charging forwards he does.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
yeah ,they will pay 30 million dollars for letting him warm the bench and play 10 mins a game for the charging runs he make.....impressive:tongue:

L

·
0 Posts
Marvin4 said:
yeah ,they will pay 30 million dollars for letting him warm the bench and play 10 mins a game for the charging runs he make.....impressive:tongue:
If that lanky samba is worth 30 million dollars (20 million pounds)
Hyypia is worth 50 million dollars.

no way will lucio go for 20 million dollars

maybe 10-14 if that

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Hyppia is one of my favorite defenders buddy as well;) ....anyway Lucio is rated like this weather u like it or not,so accept it weather its samba or romba or tango.:D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Marvin4 said:
Lucio is one of the most sought after players in the world. Yes, a solid centreback needs to play in tandem with him. But the boy is only 23 years old. He is probably already one of the 5 best attacking defenders in the world. All he needs is a bit more time to develop his defensive side. I think the boy is going to be a superstar in the mould of fellow Brazilian Roberto Carlos, who also has similiar shortcomings. But he is a superstar nonetheless.:)

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
nice explanation jazzman ,but this LFCOWNUALL guy sticks to his weird thoughts.........anyway,we know how good is Lucio and how imressive will he be after gaining some experience.......he will sure be a future SUPERSTAR.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts