Xtratime Community banner

Tiago v Essien

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Chelsea bought Michael Essien from Lyon, it meant that Tiago would be getting limited time and possibly leave the club. Tiago ended up going to Lyon where he has been playing extremely well. So who would have you picked?

·
Registered
688 Posts
well i saw tiago and he is very good player i don't know who is better tiago or essien but i know that lyon made fantastic deal they also have diara i rate him a better player that essien lyon won its for sure

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
tiago is better byfar in my opinion,lyon was very clever in selling essien with a huge fee and getting a better player with a less amount of money

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Tiago. Since Diarra is doing a lot of defensive work. Tiago bring a lot creativity. The three Diarra/Tiago/juninho is better than the three Essien/Diarra/Juninho to sum it up.

Pity Tiago got a yellow in the end of the first leg. Things would have probably be different... :wallbang:

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Shrewd bit of business by Aulas it appears.

But you never know, next season Essien could be great, Tiago could be rubbish.

Football opinion changes overnight.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Essien by a country mile.

What a crap thread this is, Essien will shut most of you guys up again soon anyway.

I hate the fact that he plays for Chelscum but I admire this player. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Essien every time tiago was pathetic at chelsea , why they signed in first place i dont know. its not thats hes bad just average at everything what kind a midfielders is supposed to be ..default ?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Essien is much better for Chelsea than Tiago was, mind you Gudjonssen is much better than both were.

so it seems both clubs did well out of the swap.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
I think tiago was a bit limited at chelski, he was playing a grafter role and not allowed to be involved in a lot of the play, Essien has done ok nothing out of this world but he hasn't been a big dud, but IMO Tiago has been more impressive this season

·
Registered
458 Posts
Essien will prove the better player playing for the better club(Chelsea). Diarra is on his way to Chelsea as well.
:thumbsup:

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Well, with Fletcher in the team i could run our midfield. But for 30 Million, or however much they spent on him they could've got a much better player

1 - 20 of 31 Posts