He is Irish;
Whenever he is happy, he makes a senile looking smile;

Ricardo Quaresma - €18 600 000

Doesnt play alot;
Scored only one scrappy looking goal;
Tries fancy passes/crosses with the outside of the foot which end up in role Z;
Is regularly compared to fellow Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo;
Jose thinks Ibra works harder then him;
He is from Gypsy heritage and on top of this he is from Portugal thus he can pickpocket while diving;

Jo(João Alves de Assis Silva) - £18-19 000 000

Seriously :drunk: wtf? I have wathed him play and I cannot see why any sane person would pay that much for him.

Did I miss any other glaring examples?

January is comming up Man City might add more options, and lets not forget Huntelaar, he might end up in the list as well. Lets see who become the king of flops and who actually becomes a decent transfer.

The Reigning King - Andriy Shevchenko

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yeah nobody will beat Sheva when it comes to flops. :D

So far Keane is the flop of the year I would say. I can't understand why anyone would pay that much for him to begin with. He's worth maybe 8 million pounds, 10 max. That's what he would go for if he went abroad. 20 mil pounds is laughable to be honest.

I don't think Berbatov has a dozen goals though, he would hardly be a flop if he did. I think he has more like half a dozen.

"Jose thinks Ibra works harder then him" :D. Funny, but actually Ibra works hard for the team when it's usefull. He's a big lad so he can't afford to chase lost causes.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry dozen is a typo meant to say half dozen in otherwords 6

Anyhow Jo flew under the radar for me, I competly forgot about him and remebered today. Seriously it seems City got taken to the cleaners by CSKA. He is still young and might be addapting but thus far even Vassel looks usefull compared to him. I don't know I have rarelly watched him play with CSKA, since the time I had a chance of watching them in their UEFA Cup run I don't think he was a member of the first team.

Anyhow Ibra and work is funny since he is always talked about not having much of a work ethic both on the field and off it.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only if you buy him when he turns 30 for 30 million pounds ;)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Actually Quaresma is €24m, since we paid €18m + permanent transfer of Vitor Pele (valued at €6m).

Also, Quaresma has an additional €6m in performance-related fees, so we'd have to pay more if he performs well for our team, but I don't think we'd need to pay those. :D

·
Scudetto
23,386 Posts
Are we talking about Sheva flopping at Milan or at Chelsea?

If I'm not mistaken Milan have got him for free this season with Chelsea paying his wages, he's been primarily been used as a back-up and most people were not expecting him to do anything anyway.

I really admit he's been bad, but to be considered a "top flop"..?

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chelsea of course, how could he be a flop for you since you didnt pay anything?

He just seems the biggest flop in recent times, with only Mendieta and Veron on a similar level. Hence being the king until he retires from football or someone actually surpasses him.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Quaresma.
That Sir is virtually an impossibility. Sheva scored nine goals for Chelsea in 49 league matches. Quaresma cost less than half of what Sheva cost Chelsea, and in footballing years he's twice as young. There is no way in hell RQ will be a bigger flop than Shevchenko.

In fact once he settles I expect Quaresma to shine, and he will turn out to be a very good signing in the end.

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
I have to agree about Keane, though the stats do show he's played less mins than Bervatov and has a similar goals and assist rate. That still isn't enough for £20 million. Liverpool were really taken to the cleaners but i guess that's what happens when a shite run business comes up against a well run business :mad:

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyhow by the end of the seasons I think Klaas; Keano; and Jo are going to be top of the flops for this season. I expect Man City to buy at least one more this season as well.

Huntelaar has had alot of time in Eredivisie; and after watching Kuyt, Kezmen etc I have lost faith. He might be a better finisher, but at Real he might not get enough chances and ofcourse this deal was finalised before the actual new coach was appointed.
If he was good enough he would at least make some stand out performances for Ajax in Europe or get actually playing time in the National Team.

Keane is simply not worth being one of the most expensive signings during the Benitex era. You put him next to Torres and it's even funny since they don't even compliment each other. By the end of the season he will be on the flank(ala Kuyt) or on the bench while Gerrard is moved behind Torres. This for me was the wtf? transfer of the summer.

Jo, is the worst out of the three thus far I have seen very little football from the kid. He is still young and might be adapting but he might also not get any chances since Man City's new owners want the likes of Villa/Kun etc

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
yeah, i too think Huntelaar maybe the biggest flop...even surpassing quaresma and keano!
He just doesn't cut it for me...how better would have it been for Madrid if they had gone for Benzene...or even Cavenaghi...or even Diego milito....Hunte just came from Netherlands and will be in tremendous pressure to score in every game he plays...well, unless RVN comes back and higuain continues his lucky scoring streak to save klaas' blushes...

On topic, Berba certainly isn't a flop...i would take him with close eyes and pay till 35 mil. for this genius..amazing amazing player...and people criticize the fact he is ahead of Tevez....maybe unfair...they can bench rooney, who i think isn't as good as tevez and certainly not even half as good as berba....

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
How anyone can think Huntelaar will be a flop is beyond me. That guy is the reincarnation of Marco Van basten. I'm willing to bet he's gonna score close to 15 goals for Madrid in all competitions, in half a season. And please don't compare him to Kezman or Kuyt as they don't have half the talent or finishing skills he does.

·
Registered
15,743 Posts
Are you being sarcastic or just have never seen Van Basten play?

Van Basten was on a completely different level to what Huntelaar will ever be. Huntelaar is a very good striker but MvB was one of the greatest ever. Let's first see if Huntelaar can even be compared to a guy like Van Nistelrooy.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Chelsea of course, how could he be a flop for you since you didnt pay anything?

He just seems the biggest flop in recent times, with only Mendieta and Veron on a similar level. Hence being the king until he retires from football or someone actually surpasses him.
Since he went to Chelsea the flopped tag won't leave his head,since returning to Milan the total flop tag can't really be directed upon him as it's not like we've paid a heap to have him.Darelest whether or not RQ qill be a bigger flop than Sheva only time will tell.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Are you being sarcastic or just have never seen Van Basten play?

Van Basten was on a completely different level to what Huntelaar will ever be. Huntelaar is a very good striker but MvB was one of the greatest ever. Let's first see if Huntelaar can even be compared to a guy like Van Nistelrooy.
First of all, time will tell whether or not Huntelaar will be as great as Van Basten who inded is one of the greatest ever. Second, I did see van Basten play, live actually, in the 1992 Euros and Huntelaar reminds me very much of Marco. Did you ever see him play? Or maybe you've never seen Huntelaar?

Huntelaar like van Basten, has the ability to be at just the right place at the right time, is very clinical and a good header of the ball. The way he moves with the ball is reminiscent of Marco aswell. Huntelaar also scores goals from all type of angles and positions and he has an incredible scoring record. Sounds like someone you know?

Tbh, I find anyone who can't see the resemblance hilarious. They're so similar it's scary. Especially the way they score goals.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts