·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
April 22. Hamburg v Bremen German Cup semi-final
April 30. Bremen v Hamburg UEFA-Cup semi-final 1st leg
May 7. Hamburg v Bremen UEFA-Cup semi-final 2nd leg
May 10. Bremen v Hamburg Bundesliga day 31

4 times against the hated archrival within 2 1/2 weeks. Did something similar ever happen in Bundesliga football before ?

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Certainly unique and very funny too.

What's for you most important Rothose, UEFA Cup or the DFB Pokal?

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you gave up on the league already? :D

Realistic though :thumbsup:
He just asked for DFB Pokal or UEFA-Cup.
Of course i'd like to win the league but with all those matches to come, we have the toughest schedule of all title contenders.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
It really doesn't work well according to my plan. :D

I wanted Leverkusen to qualify from the cup but that is only possible with Hamburg in the final or Bremen winning the UEFA Cup and the first thing already didn't happen and now maybe the second option also won't happen.

If Hamburg wins the UEFA Cup the qualification spot from it will be wasted, won't it?

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
I am not sure, I wonder if that is still the case or not. And I also wonder where to look that up because UEFA website is shit for stuff like that...

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
I hope Leverkusen wins the Cup and that Hamburg wins the UEFA Cup. That way Diego will not play in Europe next season and he will surely join Bayern in the summer. :D

Ive been seeing Hamburg's UEFA Cup matches, and your three strikers (Petric, Guerrero and specially Olic) have been outstanding. The same goes to Trochowski.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
I checked it: The place for the defending cup holder is only used when that team has not otherwise qualified for either the Champions League or the UEFA Cup. If this place is not used then the cup winner of the 14th country on the country ranking list will gain direct access to the 1st round round, and the cup winners of the 19th and 20th country on the country ranking list will gain direct access to the 2nd qualification round.

So Bremen can do it by winning the final and losing the DFB Pokal final!

·
JESTER OF SORTS
21,015 Posts
This is both good and bad I think, from a Bundesliga perspective.

Is Diego banned from the final? That is very, very bad news.

Bremen has an undefeated Away Record this season, they really deserve to win the cup considering all they went through up to this point!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts