Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally !!!!!! This must be the most positive thing to happen in a season that had my hopes up high, put left me down BIG time.

Congrats fellow Romanista !

FORZA ROMA

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen the deal is done!!!!
Bati is a giallorosso!!!!
The player agreed today,despite Inter winning.Which i thought was the worst outcome.All we need is the players signature and its done.
But on all the internet sites i've read,
its said that the issue was not the money thats why he hasn't signed,its something else.And i think Bati wants more players to come to Roma.
So this could not be the last we hear of Roma dipping into the transfer market.
Right now,im not sure who else it could be but i hope its another defenceman.I don't think it will be Morientes....word is Capello wants Medieta from Valencia.
But maybe its the bringing in of Balbo his good friend from Fiorentina and ex-Romanista.Look for a swap with Poggi.
Who knows, but i do know that with Batistuta,this league is flipped upside down cause it looks like we our sure contenders and in a big way.
We our lethal up front and in all positions we just lack a little depth.
Montella confirmed today that he is staying,and both he and Delvecchio are willing to start on the bench,actually Montella said he'd rather perfer this than to get pulled half way through the game.
Check this out::

-----Batistuta------Montella
--------Totti-----------
Candela---Assuncao----Emerson---Cafu
--Samuel----Aldair------Zago---
-------Antonoli-------
This is as it stands right now.
I mean the only thing stopping this lineup is injuries,if everyone stays healthy,we can go all the way.Totti won't have another bad year in a row,so he'll look pumped and if Bati finishes 50% of the balls Totti gives,he'll lead the league again.
I like this lineup,upfront cause Montella and Bati are different in that Montella can also be an assist man and challege defenders with the dribble.Don't only look at Montella and Bati getting the balls from Totti but also Emerson can send some lethal balls through,we missed that this year,we got a little from Zanetti when healthy but Tommasi gives balls away tooo easily.
On our wings we've got the best in the business in Cafu and Candela,lets hope they repeat their performances,in the middle we have Assuncao the holder and ball winner and Emerson,can't say enough about this guy.But i think we'll see Nakata working hard in the offseason to try out the middle of the park again,depending if we get any new players than he'll strictly play off Totti.
At the back we get Samuel,who i know little of but is spoken highly of from those who've seen him play.I think we need one more solid player.
In net,i think Antonoli got a lot of heat this year and really played solid,we'll see what happens.
Forza Sensi!!
He is a man on a mission and that mission is the Scudetto.
Lets hope this team looks as good on the field as it does on paper.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Congrats, to Roma. You have now have one of the world's most prolific forwards in your line up.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I think Sensi has mad Bati some Cecchi Gori style promises and he believes them. I do think u look very strong for next season though. But your problem has always been consistency, great first part of the season, lousy finish. Also known as the Zeman syndrome :) Fix that and you're big time contenders.

SEMPRE VIOLA!!

[This message has been edited by ST (edited 24-05-2000).]

S

·
0 Posts
Congrats,

I feel pretty good about roma signing bati as I have a weak spot for AS ROMA. The team you have looks really great. I hope for you guys that Capello can handle the pressure, cuz now you have bati, all you lupi will put big pressure on the team. Great news for Totti, now he isn't the only starplayer on the team, which will make him feel good and perform better.

Good luck, but we'll give you a hardtime next year, cuz wwith teh money we got from you we will invest in some new talents.

------------------
Hi my name is Scream and I support Fiorentina....

and what's your kick in LIFE???????

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
COngrats ROMA...Good luck BATI!!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Hehe, what are these congrats here (one fron me also :) ). It is the same as if Roma won all the trophies this year- just kidding :) .
Anyway, I'm glad he comes to you because I'd not have to watch Delvecchio anymore, and despite the fact that I'm a Milan fan, I also like your team (may be because I hate Lazio). Anyway, Lupo, why don't you include Nakata in the starting team? I think he can make it if he gets the chance.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah surely this means Nakata is never gonna start a game, with Batistuta in the team, you will be never short of goals.

One question i do have is how many Non-EU players do Roma now have, I know some have Italian Citizenship, I believe Cafu, but has Assuncao and Emerson and Samual, Nakata is Non-EU as well, I thought the rules stated only three in one squad. Maybe am wrong can someone clear it up.

I think Nakata will move as Roma will be short of cash, they are spending it for fun, Emerson 15 million i heard, 12 million for Samual, 21 million for Batigol.

Nakata was how much only a few months back. Roma should suprise a few people next season with this squad. I hope so anyway.

Bye.

Morn

·
Registered
392 Posts
Giani,i don't think he'll get a chance to start over Totti.But if Capello decides to give him another go in the midfield,he does have a chance.Cause he does work hard.
I've noticed in some forums that they are not believing this is over,trust me it is.
Its just a matter of fixing the fine print.
Moratti has pulled out cause he doesn't want to spend the money.And will hold on to Vieri,so that spoils Cragnotti's plans,and plans to go after Parma's Crespo.
Sensi has obviously planned a short term plan for Bati,that is way he's coming here,and more players are coming trust me,rumors are going around about Lazio's Stankovic coming here,we'll wait and see.
But this is a happy day for Romanisti all over as we have bought a true champion,and one that will show leadership to the team and help Totti grow into the potential that he has!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Now, I think we need a replacement for Zago.

G

·
0 Posts
Yes, you are right. We must replace Zago!

Bati, will be our strong man up front. I player that can really play hard and tough.

Forza Roma

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I also think that the Bati transfer is done.

CONGRATULATIONS ROMA :).

I think You paid too much, but that doesn't change the fact, that he will greatly improve Your team.

Morn raised an interesting question though.
It's only allowed to keep 5 non-Europeans inside every serie A squad.
I'm sure many of Roma's foreign players have European ancestors or have stayed here long enough to be granted a second citizenship, but You have SO many.

Just looking at Lupo's team, there are 5 Brazilians and 2 Argentinians. You say it's propable that Balbo comes along, and right now Nakata is on the bench. Futhermore I believe Gurenko is still a part of the squad, and what about Fabio Junior ? Was he loaned out, sold or is he still there.
Yesterday there was a report saying that Bati had recommended some young fellow Argentinians (most noticeably Esteban Cambiasso).
At some point it could/must be a problem.

Any comments ?

Ciao.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Congrats to Roma....and I'm so glad you got him instead of Inter! He'd have been just another benchwarmer a la Baggio there!

Now you guys have to promise to treat Bati real well!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey Glen,

Fabio Junior is on loan. Aldair, Cafu, Zago, Emerson has all Italian passport. It's only Assuncao, Nakata, Samule and what i know Batigol that don't have a European passport.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
**** OFF ALL OF YOU UGLY ROMA CuNTS!!! I HATE YOU I HATE BATI! I "#$£@ !

Joking! :)

Guess I haf to congratulate you!
Seriously, I see Roma as a real scudetto challenger next year! Good you got Bati and not Inter. Goodluck with the upcoming season! :)

J

·
0 Posts
Congratulations: nobody in the universe had paid a 31 years old player so much! He has come just for money (at Fio 6 billion of lire, now 12!!! And everybody will ask for more money...) because he knows that playing in roma he will win NOTHING!
roma summer champions 2000
Lazio Campione d' Italia

1 - 20 of 28 Posts