Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do yous think if Batistuta comes to Chelsea Chelsea will start winning more games?And what do yous think about him eg;to old or out of form.

·
Registered
201 Posts
at least he is too old to get a so high pricetag + paycheck. i dont doubt he could do one maximum two good season but I wouldn pay to get him to the club.

go for Caniggia instead, Maradona is also an alternative, he seems to have cooled down (hasnt shot any reporters lately) :D

·
THE
14,123 Posts
Of course we won't. Any striker needs proper midfield and so far ours has been unstable.

·
Registered
201 Posts
kat said:
Of course we won't. Any striker needs proper midfield and so far ours has been unstable.

So you think we should go for Maradona?

·
THE
14,123 Posts
Perhaps, but I'd put him in defence, he's so fat that he could cover at least half of the goal.

·
Registered
201 Posts
kat said:
Perhaps, but I'd put him in defence, he's so fat that he could cover at least half of the goal.
Then we could get the old swedish ace Thomas Brolin (if you remember him) to cover the rest of the goal. He looks nasty nowadays:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
201 Posts
ROMA EYE CHELSEA KEEPER - CLAIM

Roma are planning a £4.5m bid for Chelsea keeper Carlo Cudicini, The Sun says.

The paper reports that Roma are preparing to offer striker Gabriel Batistuta as part of the deal.

But Cudicini is quoted as saying he wants to stay with Chelsea

I hope Cudicini is a man of his words. This deal would really be a bad one. :mad:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Batistuta set for Barcelona? Monday 8 April, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea’s hopes of landing Gabriel Batistuta could be over if boss Claudio Ranieri is appointed as the next Barcelona Coach.

The Italian tactician is on a shortlist for the Nou Camp position and should he return to Spain then it is believed that Batistuta could follow him.

The Argentine’s stay in Italy is widely considered to be coming to an end and a switch to England was on the cards.

However, Batistuta is unlikely to move to Stamford Bridge if Ranieri, who was his boss at Fiorentina, decides to move out of London.

The former Viola legend has had a disappointing season as he’s struggled to net the goals that have made him into one of the world’s best.

But with Coach Fabio Capello and Vincenzo Montella both signing contract extensions last week, the 33-year-old Batigol is likely to be sold.

Deportivo La Coruna striker Diego Tristan is set to sign for the Italian side as Batistuta’s replacement.

channel4

1 - 9 of 9 Posts