Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barcelona daily ‘El Mundo Deportivo’ is reporting that the Azulgrana are thinking of signing Gabriel Omar Batistuta as a replacement for the injured Henrik Larsson.
The 35 year old former Boca Juniors, Fiorentina, and AS Roma striker is currently plying his trade with Qatar giants Al-Arabi, and has scored 25 goals in 18 games this season.

The contract binding ‘Batigol’ to Barca would be on a six month basis starting in January.

The talks between the Liga leaders and the Argentine legend have already begun, and it appears Batistuta is ready to take a large pay cut compared to he salary he currently earns in Qatar in order for him to return to the European main stage.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
why not - we have etoo and a batistuta on the bench isnt bad...better than no one...and its a cheap solution...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
God almighty..i'm not sure if this belongs in the rumours thread at this stage but if it's true it would be the fullfillment of a life-long dream, albeit 10 years too late!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Batistuta looked like a very old man in his last days in Serie A, he can probably hardly run now, it would be a ridiculous signing.

you must have a couple of yoots that can do a better job than him.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Koeman4 said:
I think that it's just a rumour... I've read many names in the last few days.
what are the names mentioned K4....would like to know if they are worthy of a place in Barca

·
Registered
148 Posts
Christ, we might as well ask Hristo to come out of retirement. He is an employee already...

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Batitusta? God I hope not. I am afraid the rumour mill will be at a high during the next few days.

I have read/heard/seen/:

Saha
Vieri
Tomasson
Saviola
Carew
Crespo (which is stupid as he is non-eu)
Tote
Anelka
Van Hooijdonk
And of course, now Batistuta.

I wonder who it will be tomorrow;)

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's a joke ?

Must be, ha-ha-ha (nervous laughter) ....
Why not Romario or Pelé ?
Or even Maradona (if we can afford his "vitamins").

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Barca_Nordic said:
Must be, ha-ha-ha (nervous laughter) ....
Why not Romario or Pelé ?
Or even Maradona (if we can afford his "vitamins").
Romário was very close to sign for us just a couple of seasons ago, but Rexach put himself against it. Pele isn't even funny. Maradona started taking drugs while playing here and I don't want to kill him.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
:eekani: YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS ? :eekani:

as a replacement for Larsson ???? :sob:

Kanu from West Brom ? :wallbang:
I'm sure that we're not going to sign Kanu... but I'm sure that now many agents are interested to link "their" players with a top club, they'll know that Barça is looking for a striker.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Well there's Brian Deane at Leeds. He's 36 and about as slow as Frank deBoer on a bad day but he did score 4 goals in one match the other day.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts