Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that , we , the Roma fans , have great expectations for the upcoming season and we should, cause we have bought impressive players. I believe if Totti plays well , if the defense is solid , then we have a good chance of competing for the scudetto . But nothing is more important than the performance of Batigol . If he scores 20-25 goals in the league , we really do have a great chance of winning the scudetto , because we also have Totti , Montella , Delveccio and Emerson to rely on for more goals and if Pannuci comes to Rome , we will have an awesome defensive line. But if Batistuta doesn't score those goals , forget the scudetto.

·
Registered
220 Posts
brouka, don't depend too much on Batigol. He is great. but without him also, Roma is in great shape. Addition of Batigol gives u the stronger side.

Just think of 98-99 season. Fiorentina were leading almost half of the season. but Batigol was injured, Fiorentina were loosing the race for scudetto.

Best aproach wud be use him as much as possible and make sure he is not injured. I would love to see him score many goals.

Roma should strengthen their team and able to play without him also.
then It wud be great.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dominic , I'm not saying Roma can not play without him . Yes they can . Like last year , they were a competitive side , but not champions. It will be the same thing too this year if Batistuta is not on form , they'll still be good but not good enough for Champions of Serie A.It's not that Roma depends on Batistuta , it's just that they really need his goals to win the scudetto.

·
Registered
392 Posts
There's no question that his goals will be huge and at times it will seem like Roma are playing with 12 men.But this team is not Bati-dependent like that Fiorentina of two years ago,i mean who came off the bench for him?I think it was Esposito.Anyway,we're deep in all positions,losing him for a couple of games is not devastating.But the only thing stopping Bati is his health,if he can stay healthy for the season i don't have a doubt in mind that we will win something special.Also,its up to Capello to give him adequte rest throughout the season,and i think that he knows this!!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
luppo, i agree. batistuta was saying that he needs 6months of rest to be on the best shape possible when he was with fiorentina. He was depended on too much and of course he delivered, but he cant win the championship all by himself. the proof is the 9 years he scored many goals but didnt win anything. There is no doubt that batigol will score his goals, but i also hope that roma gives him as much rest as possible because batigol is not stopping his GREAT GOAL SCORING for at least another 2 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts