Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS Roma's Argentinian international striker Gabriel Batistuta was stretchered off with a head injury here Sunday at the Olympic Stadium during the first division match with Parma.
Batistuta collapsed in the 12th minute after receiving an accidental kick in the face from Parma's Italian international defender Fabio Cannavaro and was immediately attended to.
By the time he was stretchered off he appeared to be conscious again but was taken to Rome's San Pietro Hospital as a precaution for tests.
Reports said he was unable to recall the incident that led to his injury.
----

Thats just we need now:(:(
Cannavaro shot him directly on the face, I saw the blood coming from his nose and mouth. Maybe its serious injury:(

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Batistuta was taken provisioringily to the hospital but he is fine.

It was tottaly accidental...

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
I haven't seen anything saying he is fine yet!

losing consciousness is always a cause for concern. the film and pictures look awful.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
ROMA - Gabriel Batistuta è stato sottoposto ad una lunghissima serie di esami dopo il trauma cranico riportato nell'incidente durante la gara con il Parma. Segno visibile dello scontro è una ferita sul labbro inferiore destro che ha richiesto otto punti di sutura. Sottoposto ad una Tac, l'esame ha dato un buon esito escludendo qualsiasi tipo di lesione. "Il giocatore sta benissimo, domani mattina lo sottoporremo ad altri esami e se sarà tutto a posto verrà dimesso. Preferiamo tenerlo qui per precauzione e per tenerlo sotto osservazione" ha spiegato il professor Ercole Brunetti, primario di chirurgia dell'ospedale Villa San Pietro di Roma. Batistuta è stato anche sottoposto con esito positivo a diverse lastre laterali e alla colonna vertebrale per la caduta riportata dopo lo svenimento. Salvo complicazioni tra due o tre giorni dovrebbe tornare ad allenarsi, ma a causa dei punti sul labbro sarà costretto a saltare la gara con il Milan. (ANSA).

Bati had a long series of tests for cranial trauma. The cuts to his lip needed eight stitches. The Doctor says that Bati is ok but they are keeping him in the hospital overnight for observation. The also looked at possible neck injuries from when he fell. Absent complications, he can return to training in 2 or 3 days, but because of the stitches he will skip the next match vs. Milan.

It says nothing about the Germany friendly.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Head injuries are always dangerous, it's good that they're keeping him overnight to keep an eye on him. Recently in the US a girl in the stands was hit in the head by a hockey puck and went to the hospital. She wasn't knocked out or anything, she was able walk out of the stadium. But the puck caused swelling in her brain and she died two days later.

I guess though in Bati's case they've done thorough scans and haven't found anything, so he should be alright.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
photo

Attachments

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
This is awful news! I saw the incident and it was really something. If he is going to miss Roma's next match then he will msot probably miss our match against Germany though he could really back in training in 2-3 days.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
I just saw the tape replay of the incident and it's a real miracle he didn't tear up his knee from the way he fell.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I agree Humbird, he really could have messed up his knee. I'm glad that they're keeping him overnight.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Ahh, the pictures look bad. It's just not his season, poor guy can't get a break. Hope he's ok for the Germany friendly though I doubt it. Get well soon Gabriel!

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Although there isn't anything official yet, I would doubt that he will play vs. Germany. After all, he won't be released from the hospital until tomorrow after some examination and then would the doctors recommend a plane trip to Germany and the exertion of an international match on Wednesday.

I would say no. The risk is too great. After all, he's on the team for sure, Bielsa knows what he can do. He doesn't have to prove anything, and why risk further injury?
If bad luck happens and he gets another head injury, it could be very serious. I don't think it's worth it for a friendly match.

Maybe he's ok, but he's sure to have quite a headache tomorrow.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Humbird, I agree with you that it's very risky to play him on Wed. But what I don't agree with is that he doesn't have anything to prove. IMO he has EVERYTHING to prove. He is desperate to win his tsrting poisition back, and her needs to play and play well for Argentina to prove he's worth it, because at the moment Crespo is the one who's won the spot. Bati needs to prove himself all over again, you can't just live off past glory.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man, he was having great match, he set up two easy chances for Delve as he missed one and scored the 2nd one after Bati passed the ball between Ferarri legs.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I'm sick of this, everytime Bati is called for the NT, he gets injured, when will he be able to regain his position as the starter for Argentina, he doens't get a greak, Damn Cannnavaro, why, why?

God, Luck, Life, or God needs to give our all time scorer a break, ne needs to play for the Nt, i order to win his position back, if he doens't play, Crespo will be the starter in the WC.

Damn, am i pissed!°!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
A terrible picture, but fortunately the injury is not serious. Get well soon, Bati.

--ROME, April 14 (Reuters) - AS Roma and Argentina striker Gabriel Batistuta was taken to hospital after receiving a kick on the head during Sunday's Serie A match against Parma.
But the former Fiorentina forward suffered no serious injury and is expected to be released from hospital after an overnight stay.

Batistuta was stretchered off in the 12th minute after he received an accidental kick in the head from Parma defender Fabio Cannavaro.

The Argentine lost consciousness for a brief spell and after receiving attention in the dressing room he was taken by ambulance to Rome's San Pietro hospital.

But fears that Batistuta, a key part of his country's bid to win this summer's World Cup, had suffered a serious injury eased when Ercole Brunetti, surgeon at the hospital, said he expected Batistuta would be released on Monday.

'The player is absolutely fine. Tomorrow morning he will undergo some more tests and if everything is alright we will release him from the hospital.

'We prefer to keep him here as a precaution and to keep him under observation,' Brunetti told the Italian news agency ANSA.

Batistuta had eight stitches placed in a cut to his lip but ANSA said that, if there were no unexpected complications, the former Fiorentina striker would be back in training within two or three days.
--

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Thanks God that he is fine and he will be back to thetrainings in the next few days ....

I saw the movie of the accident...damn accident....what accident....are you kidding me ?:mad::mad:.....Cannavaro was going straight to bati's face...shit on him :mad:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Bati will not play against Germany. Saviola who has scored 5 golas in the last 3 games (4 in la liga and 1 in the chmapions league) has been called up to replace Bati.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
I have seen the film of the accident. Cannavaro did not do anything on purpose. He was signalling for the medics the second he made contact with Bati. Another Parma player ran up and started signalling too. The Parma players were all very concerned.

...and Stevie... you make it sound like Hernan Crespo is evil or something. Either he or Bati will play for Argentina. Probably both of them will play at one time or another. The only important thing at this point is for Argentina to win. It doesn't matter which player starts or scores. It's the team that's most important...nothing else. Right now Saviola is the most in-form forward anyway. Last year it was Hernan. Who knows, our top scorer in June may be Caniggia. But whoever it is, the team is the topmost concern.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I don't have anything against Crespo, i fact i like him, we need him in order to win the wc,is just that with all his injuries lately, i don't know if he will be top form for the WC, that's why we need Bati to be in top form, i like Crespo's way of playing, the way he participates in the passing game, but i just like Batistuta better, i don't know i've been following his career since 1991, it would be awesome for him to retire after winning the WC, but....if Crespo is the starter and we win the WC, i would be the ha´ppiest man in the world,. as long as we win the WC, i don't care if Cruz is the starter.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I hope Batistuta will be fine, it wasn't a good sight to see one of my favourite players EVER on the ground like that with all the blood on his face. :(
The picture you posted is reassuring Humbird.

FORZA BATIGOL!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts