1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diario-Ole
January 21, 2002
Translated by Humbird

Gabriel Batistuta Believes that if the World Cup were held today, Argentina would be a finalist. "If the World Cup was held today, Argentina would be a finalist, 100 percent. It doesn't interest me against whom we would play, I only want the opportunity to play. But that is only if the World Cup were played today. In six months, it's impossible to know."

Batistuta repeated that his objective for this year is the World Cup, and he is concentrating all his efforts on this objective, apart from winning another title with Roma. Speaking to Radio Mitre, Bati declared that Argentina would pass the first phase of the World Cup, but that he didn't think it would be an easy task. "I don’t' think we can get through without problems, without sacrifices."

Argentina will play in the same group as Sweden, Nigeria and England, in Group F, the group of death.

Bati thinks some of the groups are "ridiculous," especially those headed by Brazil, Italy and France. Brazil, in Group C will face Turkey, China and Costa Rica. Italy will face Ecuador, Croatia and Mexico, while France will face Senegal, Uruguay and Denmark.

"I don't know. They have put everyone with us," lamented the 32 year-old from Reconquista. Bati wouldn't venture a guess as to how many goals he could score in the next World Cup, but indicated his wish to score more wearing the national team shirt. "Luckily, I have always been able to maintain an acceptable level with the national team," he said.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Nice translation Humbird. I also read this article on the diario-ole web site. Bati is being very positive and with every thing going on in Argentina these days a positive forward thinking attitude is just what we need!!

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Back, Czar:)

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's all this then?
Hows come you never told us here at the Arg. forum?

"Hey, I never mentioned it. But I got married on September 22nd of this year. My wife is Brazilian, from Rio She's a true carioca We dated for 3 years and we're so happy we tied the knot!

She's not a big futbol fan like me but she appreciates the game and follows it occasionally. Ofcourse, she's very interested when Brazil is playing and more then anything when they match up against Argentina!! Looking towards the future, I'll make sure that the kids support Argentina and Argentinean clubs

There you have it Argentinos and Brasilenos can come together and find love, maybe not in futbol but certainly in life."

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Dunno..:) When I mentioned it on the CONMEBOL forum it was a spontaneous reaction. I don't like to blurt things out, if it comes about naturally then so be it and I guess that was the case when I announced my marriage on the CONMEBOL forum. Besides, this is still an Arg forum and we all know about the Arg-Bra rivalry...:)

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
too bad you didn't say anything!

We could have given you a virtual bachelor party! or is it an e-party?

anyway, congratulations!

She's a very lucky lady ... in my opinion!:)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Can't I still have a belated virual bachelor party!!??!!:depress: I'm sure it can be arranged... I promise to behave!

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We will do it next June when Argentina wins the World Cup. A combination Czar party and Argentina party. :)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Kool!! I look forward to it!! I just spent the past 3 weeks in Brazil. My trip was part belated honeymoon and also getting to know so of my new relatives. We wanted to cross over to Argentina but with the situation so tense at the moment, any immediate travel plans to Argentina have been unfortuantely shelved.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's not good. I mean it's good about your trip to Brazil, but not very happy news about being unable to go to Argentina. Do you still have relatives in Argentina? The situation just does not seem to improve at all.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I still have plenty of Family in Argentina (uncles, aunts and cousins) And we have been in contact during this terrible process. I was in Argentina last March and one could sense that things would have spun out of control as they now have..:( :depress:

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Welcome back Czar!:happy:

You know, this forum has been pretty quiet for a while now. Im sure with your return, this forum will be busy as ever;)

I didnt know about him getting married either until a month ago when I read it somewhere. I dont think it was in this forum, but anyways, we sure can have a WC+bachelor party this summer;)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts