Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew that result was comming when the players went inside the staduim
You see Argies with smiles and not concentrated. While the english all serious.

They won fair and square.

Our guys were taking the game lightly .No pressing, no contribution in the middle.
The wings were dead. Our game was dead , no oppenings.

We faced the same deffence in 1998....then we won luckyly on penalties.

Our guys need a push...I think this loss is the push... they will resurrect.

Zanetti never will ever have a bad game...

The only guy that did his job.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Pablo Cavallero did his job too.

As far as Bati and Crespo. I didn't think Bati was doing all that badly. He seemed more emotional than usual and got that yellow card, which may have been the reason he was taken out. He just got very little service to work with. The announcers said at the start of the second half that Bielsa should replace Bati because Argentina was not able to get enough balls to him, and the more mobile Crespo would be able to go get his own. But by the time Crespo came in, England had dedicated 2-3 more players to defense and on top of the lack of service from his teammates, there was virtually nothing he could do. Zanetti and Aimar were shooting from well outside the area.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Zanetti did do his job - but he wasn't used enough by his teammates. At times he was completely separated from play. Again, its this whole zone marking system thats probably to blame for todays shambles, leaving players isolated.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
when crespo was warming up, i thought bielsa was going to put him along with bati in the attack, but...
i believe that taking out ortega for crespo would have been the right choice.
INHO, after the goal was the moment to play our two tanks together.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
One of my frinends phoned his friend from Arg, the argentine said that the public wants to see Bati, Crespo and Cani in the front line for the next match!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Batigol9 said:
One of my frinends phoned his friend from Arg, the argentine said that the public wants to see Bati, Crespo and Cani in the front line for the next match!
:eek: that would be unstoppable...with veron and aimar running the show... :cool: kily and ortega on both sides...

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Thats will never happen....

Beilsa is stuck with one forword and two wings.....

I trust beilsa..but hope he ganna prove that he is worth it...

I will accept a 1-0 against sweden.....but after that..I wanna see my Argentina back to action again :fero: :devil:

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
The time to use Crespo and Bati together was certainly vs. England. I don't know how Bielsa thought that sending one centering pass after another to a lone striker was going to work. Facing defenders of the height and strenght of England's called for our biggest and strongest forward, that is, Crespo and Bati, both over 6'1" tall. Ortega is 5'8, Aimar 5'8", Kily 5'10" and Lopez 5'11" none of them physically able to cope with massed defenders of the size of England's.

I remember one announcer calling the Roma-Liverpool match, saying "why do they keep sending long passes to a 5'9" Montella when he's being marked by 6'2" Liverpool defenders?" Same thing here.

All England had to do was mark Bati or Crespo one at at time. I would have liked to see them try and mark both of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts