Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that Bielsa is still determining who wll be the CF, but Bielsa has given a few indications in training today that Batistuta could be starting ahead of Crespo. If this is the case than it seems Bielsa has changed his mind as was leaning towards Crespo as the starter for over a week now.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
I think Bielsa has known for a while who will start, and I wouldn't be surprised if the two players know right now. I think Bielsa is playing mind games with our rival defenders. They have no idea who they will be facing.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point Humbird...You're quite the psychologist..but remember that your only "almost as fast as czar"...:)

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
The reason I think that Bielsa, Crespo and Bati already know the answer is that it would be almost cruel to make the two of them wait any longer than necessary. And imagine the feeling of the man not chosen. It isn't a good idea to have such disappointment right before the first match of the world cup. No need for surprises now. The players should all be calm and confident of what is going to happen in the next few days.

At least that's what I think is going on.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Makes sense..It really does..

Humbird said:
The reason I think that Bielsa, Crespo and Bati already know the answer is that it would be almost cruel to make the two of them wait any longer than necessary. And imagine the feeling of the man not chosen. It isn't a good idea to have such disappointment right before the first match of the world cup. No need for surprises now. The players should all be calm and confident of what is going to happen in the next few days.

At least that's what I think is going on.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Well, no matter who starts, and I predict it will be Bati, the other player has to be 100 percent ready physically and mentally to come in at a moment's notice. Injuries can happen at any time, unfortunately.

Bielsa doesn't need to be half way through the WC debut match, lose a striker and have to call upon someone who has been upset the day before with bad news and probably awake all night thinking about it.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That's it Humbird, we're making you the official shrink of the Arg forum or even better maybe the Arg NT..Then u and Crespo could hang all the time..;)

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
"official shrink of the Argentina forum and NT"

that will look very good on my resume

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I want Bati to be the starter, but if Crespo is the starter and we win the Wc, i will be the happiest person on earth...i don0t know i have a good felling...THIs is our WC, no one will take it away from us.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The latest indications suggest that Bielsa has picked the team against Nigeria. The line should be as follows:

Cavallero

Pochettino
Ayala
Samuel

Zanetti
Simeone
Sorin
Veron

Ortega
Batistuta
Claudio Lopez

The biggest change is obviously Bati for Crespo and Lopez, I heard he's in awesome shape for Kily. Looks good now let's get the 3 points that we are looking for.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm pretty much a agree with Humbird
Mind games are not Bielsa's forte as to speak he lays the cards on the table so the palyers will pretty much know thier duties etc..

So i agree the players prob knew a few weeks ago how this would end up, :)

I just wnat Bati and Crespo to score goals be wonder ful if they knock up double figures between them
Rememeber none of them hit form this year so nows the time guys :)
Also I still do not put it past Biesla to play them both as well in a game its not like he would broadcats it anyway he would just do it ;)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
ak said:
I'm pretty much a agree with Humbird
Mind games are not Bielsa's forte as to speak he lays the cards on the table so the palyers will pretty much know thier duties etc..

So i agree the players prob knew a few weeks ago how this would end up, :)

I just wnat Bati and Crespo to score goals be wonder ful if they knock up double figures between them
Rememeber none of them hit form this year so nows the time guys :)
Also I still do not put it past Biesla to play them both as well in a game its not like he would broadcats it anyway he would just do it ;)
YES.i want them to score lots of goals, between them as well, if they could score at least 10 goals between them, it woyld be great.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
By these names I think Bielsa is thinking of one thing only, attacking with all forces we have. At least if he plays Kily we would not say that because Kily can go down to the DF to help our Df line but Lopez is know with his attacking abilities only.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts