·
Registered
64,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Very good news.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Good together with Barella he needs to be the core of this team for the next 10 years.

·
Registered
18,268 Posts
Good together with Barella he needs to be the core of this team for the next 10 years.
Yes, agree

They are the 2 unsellables. I would far sooner sell Lukaku than either of those 2. We should be talking about Sensi in the same breath, but his fitness has imploded under Conte

Reactions: stefan9

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
At the moment sensi is this generation's less talented recoba. Hope he doesn't end up the same.

·
inbred amoeba
4,253 Posts
The commentators of an official Russian (????) sports channel reportedly said yesterday that Inter declared they were interested in negotiating with Bologna for Bulgarian Valentin Antov. In fact, this is not accurate as Bologna are still thinking whether to activate the purchase clause for Antov who played there on loan :D

·
Registered
64,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never heard of him, but if he does come I think he would be Inter's first ever Bulgarian?

·
inbred amoeba
4,253 Posts
He has a sensible positioning and mature (in terms of working together in defence) gamestyle. Was CSKA Sofia's captain at the age of 19, which tells something. He will make a career in a big club, I am sure.

As for Bulgarians in Inter, you are right. Stoichkov was rumored to almost have signed with you guys in the 90's (during his first leaving of Barcelona I think), but it didn't happen.

·
Registered
46,918 Posts
We have a dude called Nikola Iliev in our Primavera rn...does that count?

Reactions: Beaux Balkans

·
inbred amoeba
4,253 Posts
Nikola Iliev is by far considered to be the biggest prospect of Bulgaria's players born in the new millenium. I truly hope that he will develop there (but not as much as to be offered to play for Italia :) ).

·
Registered
46,918 Posts
Nikola Iliev is by far considered to be the biggest prospect of Bulgaria's players born in the new millenium. I truly hope that he will develop there (but not as much as to be offered to play for Italia :) ).
😆

I wonder how this will pan out. Of course, I hope he'll develop and Inter will eventually bring him in to the 1st team...but it's more likely he gets loaned out for experience. Or even sold to another team first where he'll shine and make us want to buy him back later (e.g. Pandev).

A live example of our Primavera players making it into our first squad is Alex Cordaz. He joined in 2002 and I don't think you can count his 1 and only appearance ever for the first team in 2003 (Coppa Italia vs Juventus) "making it". But after being farmed out and sold, lost and forgotten, we signed him again...just days ago...at the tender age of 38!

Reactions: camelface

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
😆

I wonder how this will pan out. Of course, I hope he'll develop and Inter will eventually bring him in to the 1st team...but it's more likely he gets loaned out for experience. Or even sold to another team first where he'll shine and make us want to buy him back later (e.g. Pandev).

A live example of our Primavera players making it into our first squad is Alex Cordaz. He joined in 2002 and I don't think you can count his 1 and only appearance ever for the first team in 2003 (Coppa Italia vs Juventus) "making it". But after being farmed out and sold, lost and forgotten, we signed him again...just days ago...at the tender age of 38!
That's a nice story. And I have to say I was always impressed by his physical appearance... Nice pick-up for Inter, can only add leadership.

·
Registered
64,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cordaz isn't official yet though?

Anyhow he is good enough as backup. And yeah, there is a romantic aspect to his comeback, especially as he had a big car accident and then he left Inter.

·
Registered
46,918 Posts
Cordaz isn't official yet though?

Anyhow he is good enough as backup. And yeah, there is a romantic aspect to his comeback, especially as he had a big car accident and then he left Inter.
Correct; it's not official yet. But it seems safe for us to treat it as done with him going to HQ last week to sign and with Crotone's Sporting Director saying he's pleased that Cordaz will be joining us.

Reactions: Nerazzurri4life

·
Registered
46,918 Posts
That's a nice story. And I have to say I was always impressed by his physical appearance... Nice pick-up for Inter, can only add leadership.
(y) He's an affordable and willing replacement for Padelli. I'm guessing he was hand-picked specifically because and Zanetti and Oriali would already know him from 2 decades ago. They know he's the right sort of person from personal experience and the relationship with him would help in making a quick and easy deal too.

·
Registered
64,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Correct; it's not official yet. But it seems safe for us to treat it as done with him going to HQ last week to sign and with Crotone's Sporting Director saying he's pleased that Cordaz will be joining us.
I missed that. Link me.

·
Registered
46,918 Posts

Reactions: Nerazzurri4life

·
Registered
18,268 Posts
Yeah, I think this is the guy to take us to the next level

·
Registered
64,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He is a backup keeper, did you expect Neuer or Oblak?

Reactions: Firdaus
1 - 18 of 18 Posts