Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bastia sports manager Christian Villanova has been in London trying to persuade Arsenal to part with one of their young talents.

The Corsican side are desperate to inject some fresh impetus into their campaign after a poor run of results in the league and a League Cup exit on Tuesday at the hands of Lens.

After studies made by the authorities on Bastia's accounts, they are not allowed to sign players on contracts so Villanova is considering loan options.

One name in the frame is Arsenal's Quincy Owusu-Abeyie.

The 18-year-old Dutch forward has only been used in the Carling Cup by Arsene Wenger this term and Manchester United recently ended the champions' participation in that tournament.

A loan move to Stade Armand Cesari could suit all parties as Wenger may welcome some first-team football for his young striker.

Bastia are also tracking several Servette players, including Christian Karembeu.

The former Middlesbrough midfielder could be tempted by a return to Le Championnat as the Geneva-based club have had problems paying their salaries.

The 34-year-old enjoys a good relationship with Bastia officials, while Stephane Ziani and Viorel Moldovan are also possible options.

Bastia are currently giving a trial to Saliou Lassissi.

The ex-Rennes man is out of contract after cancelling his deal with Roma.

-----

Why not? Top flight football in France would be a good experience for him [Quincy], and we have plenty of attacking options at the moment so I'm for it.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I'd rather loan him to an English club but if none want him then it's OK with me.

it all depends if Wenger is planning to use him in the F.A. Cup or not i suppose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts