Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lluis Bassat has announced some very entriguing things concerning his candidacy for Barca presidency. He has announced that he has Zidane and Gerard in agreements to sign if he is elected. Apparently he has employed the help of Johan Cruyff to talk to representatives at Juve to get Zidane. He has good relations with Bettega and looks to be working towards bringing Zizou in a possible trade involving Litmanen, F. De Boer and money. Another member of his team has been negotiating with Gerard. Also Bassat has announced that he will make Cruyff his vice president. This however is impossible because you can't be foreigner and be in Barca "government". I hope that these things are true. i would love to see Zizou in Barca. Gaspart however has said that these are all lies, that neither Juve nor Valencia will negotiate these two players. Gaspart himself has said he will announce 3 "stars" on wednesday. A defender, a midfielder, and a striker.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
WOW! These two presidential races (Real and Barca's) have been more exciting to watch the US' presidency. If Zidane comes to Barca it will kill me.

·
Registered
405 Posts
His plans are great, but I wonder it's true or not...

·
Registered
405 Posts
From http://www.eurofootball.com

Cruyff correction rocks Basset campaign

Barcelona presidential candidate Lluis Basset has received a dent to his aspirations after Johan Cruyff reminded him on Tuesday that the club statutes prevent him from becoming vice-president of the club.

The previous day, Basset had sensationally announced that he would appoint Cruyff to the position if he won next Sunday and also claimed that the Dutchman was already involved in negotiations with Zinedane Zidane to take the French ace to the Nou Camp.

Cruyff?s correction is a blow to Basset who can either be accused, at best, of not knowing the club?s rule-book or, at worst, making unfounded claims in a bid to win the election.

?It would have to be an honorary position because the club?s statutes prevent a foreigner from being on the board. I?ve been a player and a coach at Barcelona and I reckon that?s enough,? Cruyff remarked at a press conference in Vigo, held to mark the opening of another branch of his Business Administration School.

?The statutes are clearly ridiculous in this aspect because taken to extremes, it would mean that the club?s founder couldn?t be on the board either,? Cruyff added in reference to the Swiss national, Joan Gamper.

Advertising mogul Basset can ill afford any slips in the vital final week of the campaign to succeed Josep Lluis Nunez as club president. Current opinion polls put him in joint second place, trailing the favourite Joan Gaspart, who was Nunez?s vice president in the previous regime.

It seems that the race is not so tight, Gaspart is going to win...

Who is the most suitable president for BARCA???
and what will happen if he is elected???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts