Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While awaiting the results of the election anxiously, although Gaspart is the favourite, I would rather go for Bassat to be the new president. My reasonings:
1. He's involving Cryuff very much in Barca's dealings
2. He's bringing Zidane (I'm not too sure about this happening....:confused:)
3. He's not associated with Nunez. He would bring-in fresh ideas etc..
How about all of you? Who would you prefer?

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Din, I also prefer Bassat a bit over Gaspart.
Your reasons 1 and 3 are the same as mine.
He´s involving guys like Cruyff and Beguiristain in his business.
And I like his suggestions for new players like Aimar.

The only idea from Gaspart that I like is bringing De La Pena back where he belongs!

But I think Gaspart will make it and I hope he will do a great job.

Does anyone know when we will hear from the final results?

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I'd also vote for Bassat. I like all his ideas. The only idea of Gaspart I like is bringing De La Pena back. But I don't like the fact e wants Overmars.... But most of all: Gaspart=Nunez...

·
Registered
550 Posts
I am so confused with all the recent news I am not sure who would be best for Barca. I like the fact that Bassat would involve Txiki and Cruyff, but I want De La Pena back at Camp Nou. Whoever wins between Bassat and Gaspart, I hope they listen to what we, the fans want.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
hristo, your not the only one who is confused and i have been following this election each and every step of the way. I personally would like Bassat to be elected because i want to see a change to the way things are done at Can Barca. To me Gaspart can say things will change, but one can only assume that any changes will be minimal. Despite that I think that both are quite capable of this job and both are dedicated to Barca, the club of their heart, just like us. I believe that the results are to be announced at 10 in the morning on monday. Then things will really be interesting. This next week is going to be huge for the future of our club.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
It's all over. With 95% of the votes counted, Gaspart has 55% of the votes and Bassat 44%. It's been an ugly day at the Mini Estadi. Johan Cruyff was insulted by Gaspart's supporters several times and Bassat has had to rely pretty heavily on his bodyguards to keep Gaspart's animals at bay.
More of the same, I'm afraid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts