Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you maybe know, this summer the FIFA World Youth Championship will be in Holland, and also Spain is participating, simple question, is it worth it to visit the Spanish matches?
In other words, which Basque youngsters are likely to be in the Spain U-20 squad this summer?

The Groups:
Group A (Kerkrade):
Holland
Japan
Benin
Australia

Group B (Utrecht):
Turkey
China
Ukraine
Panama

Group C (Doetinchem):
Spain
Morocco
Honduras
Chile

Group D (Enschede):
Argentina
United States
Germany
Egypt

Group E (Tilburg):
Colombia
Italy
Syria
Canada

Group F (Emmen):
Brazil
Nigeria
Korea Republic
Switzerland

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
It´s too soon to know who will be there, but count with Fernando Llorente, although now that he already plays with the U21 I don´t know if he´ll play again with the U20, I suppose yes but I´m not sure. Also Fernando Amorebieta is a common one in this generation. Oskitz and Markel Bergara are younger but I think they can make this team too.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Txupa said:
It´s too soon to know who will be there, but count with Fernando Llorente, although now that he already plays with the U21 I don´t know if he´ll play again with the U20, I suppose yes but I´m not sure. Also Fernando Amorebieta is a common one in this generation. Oskitz and Markel Bergara are younger but I think they can make this team too.
Ok, I'll wait and see then... the Dutch squad is already announced that's why I thought maybe the Spanish should be as well :).

·
Registered
309 Posts
Llorente will be sure, he has been called up now for the u-21 team, and Amorebieta has also just been called up for the u-20 team for a friendly match against the u-21.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
I´ve just checked that U-20 list and saw I forgot Erreala´s left back Javi Garrido.

Mention that Llorente, Murillo and Tarantino have been called for the U21, I suppose Llorente will go to the U20 WC if there aren´t U21 games, something I don´t know..

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
While I was posting in the other thread I remembered you will also have the chance of watching Eibar´s star Silva on this tournament. As Llorente, he´s already in the U21 but I suppose he´ll be called for this.

Problem is, and people in Eibar are worried about it, that if Silva plays this tournament he will miss the last 2 games of Segunda league, with maybe (let´s hope) Eibar fighting for promotion.:mad: So I hope Eibar (and the rest of segunda teams with players here) pressure hard or even better, I hope Eibar is already promoted for then.:cool:;)

Seriously, players on Segunda shouldn´t be called for this.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Txupa said:
While I was posting in the other thread I remembered you will also have the chance of watching Eibar´s star Silva on this tournament. As Llorente, he´s already in the U21 but I suppose he´ll be called for this.

Problem is, and people in Eibar are worried about it, that if Silva plays this tournament he will miss the last 2 games of Segunda league, with maybe (let´s hope) Eibar fighting for promotion.:mad: So I hope Eibar (and the rest of segunda teams with players here) pressure hard or even better, I hope Eibar is already promoted for then.:cool:;)

Seriously, players on Segunda shouldn´t be called for this.
I'd love it to see Llorente :thmbup: !

About Silva, it's a bit stupid 'planned' by the UEFA and RFEF (?), they know there's a possibility a segunda player can be in the squad, so why not finishing the segunda earlier?

Anyway, don't worry, Eibar will be crowned champions way before the last two games while Silva will be 'starring' in Holland just after the big party ;).

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Fernando Amorebieta and Andoitz Galdós have been called for some friendly or something next week with the U20, they´re the only basques in that list.

So Andoitz has chances of playing that WC too, he´s the DM that went to make those strange trials with Feyenoord. Started the season in the bench in BA but he´s playing lately and doing well, he´s a type of player we lack in Lezama (plays & defends, a bit of Pablo Orbaiz style) so he could have future in Athletic.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Official list, surprising not to see Amorebieta there. Let´s see what happens with Silva if Eibar continues in the promotion fight, btw, I saw him today in the airport.:cool:

Porteros:

.1. Biel Ribas (Espanyol)

13. Manu (Sporting Gijón)

21. Roberto (Atlético Madrid)

Defensas:

.2. Molinero (Atlético Madrid)

.3. Garrido (Real Sociedad)

.4. Alexis (Málaga)

.5. Robusté (Espanyol)

12. José Enrique (Levante)

14. Agus (Albacete)

Centrocampistas:

.6. Albiol (Getafe)

.7. Juanfran (Real Madrid)

.8. Zapater (Zaragoza)

11. Gavilán (Tenerife)

15. Jesús Navas (Sevilla)

16. Silva (Eibar)

17. Cesc (Arsenal)

20. Markel Bergara (Real Sociedad)

Delanteros:

.9. Llorente (Athletic)

10. Jona (Espanyol)

18. Víctor (Mallorca)

19. Braulio (Atlético Madrid).

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Txupa said:
I saw him today in the airport.:cool:
Ah, you're travelling as well, have a great time in Holland then ;).

About the players, which ones are expected to be in the starting lineup, Llorente for sure I reckon (?), just as Garrido and Silva?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
haha yeah, I´m going to the WC but don´t tell anyone since I´m not U-20, I´ll play with a false name..;)

I saw him when he came out from a flight from Madrid, he was with Eibar´s bag but there were no other Eibar players so he had probably some trainings with the NT or something, maybe he had just signed a secret contract with Madrid.:veiled::nono:

I hope there are problems between Eibar and the FA for Silva, that will mean Eibar is still in the promotion fight after next weekend.:cool:

I suppose Llorente and Garrido will be starters. About Silva, he´s the best LW in the list but having 2 good RW as Navas and Juanfran maybe Sáez decided to play one of them in the left, still I don´t think that will happen so Silva will probably be starter too, if he goes.;)

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Txupa said:
maybe he had just signed a secret contract with Madrid.:veiled::nono:
:eek: almost....

Silva went to Madrid to receive a prize for his sportiveness, he threw a ball outside in a clear goal chance because a rival was injured, it was in a gama against Lleida some weeks ago.

And they´ve given him that award which is given by some kind of Real Madrid foundation (first time I hear) and apparently the award is a Real Madrid shirt with his name!:wth: These madridistas are definately on drugs...:eek:

:dazed:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
So, both Llorente and Silva scored today, a good one by Fernando I´ve heard, was it good? Also Markel Bergara played the second half, how was him? I really like Markel, I hope he has chances to demonstrate his level during the tournament.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts