Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, can someone enlighten me on how are Mendieta, Arteta, Ivan Campo or Arrieta doing?

I watched the beginning of EPL but now you have to pay for it:mad: the only thing I get is one re-live game on Fridays...:eek: I only get dutch league and argentinan live for "free" now I think.:(

Well, from what I saw Ivan Campo was really surprising playing as DM, (in the end Clemente was right, he´s a dm:D ) with his limits of course, but he was playing well.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Arrieta was realased from SC Braga in the beginningof this season...to be honest I don't know if he returned to Desp. Chaves (II division team from where he is transferd to SC Braga) or to the Sapnish leagues...

Also relased from SC Braga was a basque central defender (can't remember his name...) that used to play for Real Sociedad...think he was shipped back to spain...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
As far as I know, Campo is doing well as a DM. But still he looks like little bit dumb to me:rolleyes:

About Mendieta, I found interesting article from foxsport.com;)

Mendieta a role model - McClaren, Apr. 5, 2004

Middlesbrough boss Steve McClaren has hailed Gaizka Mendieta as a rare breed model professional and a pleasure to work with in training.

The former Valencia skipper made the switch to Lazio in a £28.9million deal in 2001, but after failing to adapt to life in the Serie A, the midfielder spent the whole of last season on loan at Barcelona.

McClaren then persuaded the Spanish international to move to the Riverside Stadium on a season-long loan in the summer and the Boro boss has been impressed with the 30-year-old's admirable work ethic and attitude to the game.

And after a slow start to his Premiership career, Mendieta is beginning to prove his worth at Teeside - playing a vital part in Boro's successful Carling Cup campaign.

The Boro boss said: "It took him a while to settle in but he's now a favorite with the fans, the players and all the staff, not just because he can play but because his attitude and work-rate are fantastic.

"Every week, he's up there in the top three who cover the most distance in games.

"In training, he's one of those players you love to work with, you can't get him off the training ground.

"He wants to improve all the time. He's a role model and there aren't enough of them around."

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drago said:
Arrieta was realased from SC Braga in the beginningof this season...to be honest I don't know if he returned to Desp. Chaves (II division team from where he is transferd to SC Braga) or to the Sapnish leagues...

Also relased from SC Braga was a basque central defender (can't remember his name...) that used to play for Real Sociedad...think he was shipped back to spain...
You probably mean Mikel Antia, he also played for Numancia. Bad to read Arrieta didn´t have luck in Braga.:(

Nice to read Mendieta is doing well in Boro, it was so strange what happened to him in Lazio after being one of the top european players in Valencia, I hope he recovers his best level. He shouldn´t have left Valencia, he had everything there, was the captain of a powerfull team and a hero in the city.

I forgot to mention other basque players such as Lizarazu, Grenet, Laslandes or Sirieix although....who cares what´s up with Lizarazu?:finger: I´m specially interested in Sirieix since I don´t know much about him and Athletic is following him.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Mendieta has been very inconsistent IMO. Sheer class in some games, but extremely poor in others. He struggles when he has no time, which is often in the EPL. He seems to do better against the bigger teams, maybe its cos he rises to the occasion? Against City when I saw him live, he was poor, and never got hold of the ball in midfield. If he was consistent he'd be good, but thats his problem.

Campo is doing well in Defencive midfield and scoring a few as well. He looks comfortable and has been passing it well. His form has dipped recently (but so has all of Bolton!).

Arteta was injured for Rangers i think, but came back and has done well.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Sirieix is doing pretty well with Auxerre I believe. Saw him play against PSV last month. Decent player. :)

Campo is doing alright behind Jay-Jay Okocha. Very useful player for the team. :cool:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seolkihyun said:
But still he looks like little bit dumb to me:rolleyes:
What can you expect, he is from Donostia.:D:tongue: True he might look a bit dumb but I´ve heard him in interviews and he is a cool funny guy.:cool:

Prince-O said:
Sirieix is doing pretty well with Auxerre I believe. Saw him play against PSV last month. Decent player. :)
Do you think he has level (or will have since he is young) to fight for a place with Gurpegi and Orbaiz?

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I don't know him that well, but I think that a starter for a French ligue 1 team cannot be bad, and can compete for a place at Athletic. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts