Xtratime Community banner

Centerbacks for the Euskal Selekzioa

• Ander Alaña (1981, SD Amorebieta)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unai Albizua (1989, Athletic Club)

• Ustaritz Aldekoaotalora (1983, FC Arouca)

• Ion Ansotegi (1982, Real Sociedad)

• Aitor Arregi (1990, Eibar)

• Xabier Etxeita (1987, Athletic Club)

• Miguel Flaño (1984, Osasuna)

• Alex Goikoetxea (1983, SD Amorebieta)

• Egoitz Jaio (1980, FC Wacker Innsbruck)

• Ander Murillo (1983, AEK Larnaca)

• Other

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I had my doubts on including Laporte or not in the poll, up to you guys to vote for him or not. :)

He's been in EH since 12, in a way similar to Aranzubia (but we don't include Dani). I read an interview to Euskal Selekzioa's Etxarri saying they wouldn't call Griezmann (even though Antoinne requested to play for the selekzioa) but they would consider calling Ayme.

So...not even the Euskal Selekzioa coaches are sure about this one.

·
Registered
64 Posts
England are having the same problem with Adnan Januzaj! Who becomes eligible to play for them in 2017!! So far he is refusing to play for Belgium, Albania or Kosovo? But will England pick him! Of course they will because they want the best players available to them under FIFA rules. If Euskal Selekzoia became FIFA affiliated would we want the best players available to us under FIFA rules? I think we would!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey guys could someone tell me why tonite with all the International friendlies taking place the Basque N/T have no game?:)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Well, in my opinion Laporte is the only legitible. Griezmann and Costa moved to Euskadi and Spain because of the football skills...

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Well, in my opinion Laporte is the only legitible. Griezmann and Costa moved to Euskadi and Spain because of the football skills...
True, but that might be Athletic's policy. When you take the 'official' FIFA-rules in mind I think both Laporte and Griezmann would be eligible for the Basque NT as they live long enough in the Basque Country to apply for the Basque nationality, if needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts