World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Athletic 2-1 Betis (1)
Sevilla 1-2 Erreala (2)
Osasuna 2-0 Mallorca (1)

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Denoueix has started with rotations again and...

Sevilla 1-0 Erreala
Germán Hornos 92´ :eek::(

Athletic vs Betis, tonight

It´s very important to win, Barça won yesterday so not getting the 3 points means almost a good bye to the 4th place, and it´s also a good opportunity to say good bye to the teams behind us, Betis is a direct rival and Atlético tied yesterday.

The game comes heated up by Betis coach Victor Fernández, who said he doesn´t understand how Gurpegi is playing, demostrating a lack of knowledge of Carlos´situation, if you don´t know....you better don´t talk.:rolleyes: Pretty strange words from a coach I´ve always liked, and someone who´s said many times he would like to train Athletic someday, well, he has just closed Athletic´s door for the future. Gurpegi answered him in a chat he had with fans in the official page http://www.athletic-club.net/ampliar.asp?noticia=1663&idi=2 as is said there also Tiko and Orbaiz talked about it. Joseba Etxeberria makes a reference to it in his page as well, saying everyone is slave of his words. http://www.josebaetxeberria.com/ampliarnoticia.asp?noticia=15

Anyway, back to the game, Del Horno returns after his sanction, that means Larrazabal out, Gurpegi is sanctioned for the red card so Orbaiz will take his place. Apparently those are the only changes in the line up.

Only to justify Marchena´s penalty to Raúl:rolleyes: the referees had a meeting during the week where they said that it´s penalty, only the basque Iturralde had the balls to say it wasn´t, it was said referees will pay special attention from now on to those penalties. If that is true, this means we have this game almost won because Urzaiz receives an average of 50 penalties like that one every game,:rolleyes: it will be interesting to see how many the ref signs.

AUPA LEONES! A POR ELLOS!:fero:

Osasuna´s game agains Mallorca has just started, 0-0 for the moment.

GOOD NEWS FOR BOTH ATHLETIC AND OSASUNA, MINUTE 6: ZARAGOZA 1-0 VILLARREAL, LET´S SEE IF THIS CONTINUES...:cool:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Osasuna 1-1 Mallorca:(
0-1 Delibasic 6´
1-1 Aloisi 17´

Athletic 1-1 Betis:mad:
0-1 Benjamin 53´
1-1 Ezquerro 57´

Haven´t seen any of Osasuna´s game, can´t comment on it. Osasuna doesn´t win in El Sadar since December...:(

Great game in San Mamés, Athletic´s second half was fantastic,:star: deserved to win, no doubt. There were clear chances for Ezquerro, Urzaiz, Yeste, Etxebe and Tiko, only Ezquerro managed to score with the head (great center Del Horno:star: ) one of many great chances, Prats was great. The lions put their heart in the game, I´m really proud of their football.:proud: The referee was horrible, well, what can you expect from Carmona Méndez.:finger:

After this week when Díaz Vega:yuck: made a meeting to unify criteria with all the referees showing the Raúl-Marchena incident as a "clear penalty", while in Montjuic Raúl was awarded with a penalty for god knows what, yesterday in San Mamés mr. Cabrona Méndez didn´t gave 2 more than clear penalties to Athletic, plus one "Raúl style" which for me isn´t penalty but if they unify criteria... he didn´t sent off Prats and gave Yeste the most stupid yellow card I´ve seen in my life.

1. CLEAR PENALTY FROM JUANITO TO DEL HORNO.
When Del Horno arrived home yesterday night Juanito was still hanging from his neck.:rolleyes:

2. RED CARD TO PRATS FOR ALMOST KILLING EZQUERRO AND TOUCHING THE BALL OUT OF THE BOX WITH THE HAND, BOTH THINGS AT THE SAME TIME.:eek:

3. CLEAR PENALTY FROM MINGO TO EZQUERRO
They were alone in the box, it´s impossible the referee (or linesman) didn´t see it.

And Yeste´s yellow card,:rolleyes: Yeste was out of the field after an injury, the referee tells him to enter (clearly seen on tv), Yeste enters and the referee gives him a yellow card. :rolleyes: Carmona idiota!:fero: 5th yellow card, Yeste won´t play in Villarreal.

5 points from Barça, totally underserved, we must win Villarreal, playing like yesterday we shouldn´t have problems, if the referee lets us...

IT ALWAYS THE SAME STORY!! THE SPANISH REFEREES ARE THE WORST AND MOST CORRUPTED IN THE WORLD!!!:fero:

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
I saw the Athletic - Betis game and must agree with you. The ref seemed to be afraid of making the calls. The Madrid game, at least had a make up call with De La Peña getting a "Raul" call.

A great match to see (same as the Valencia-Barcelona) and a good result for Barcelona. Sorry Txupa.

W

·
0 Posts
Agree with you on those things Txupakabras, Great game from Athletic in second half after quite an uneventful first half, The only action being the smokebombs behind the goal and the Ikurrina's :proud::fero:. Athletic's constant relentless pressure in the second half was great to watch and had me on the edge of my seat, Couldnt believe the Yeste booking and the mameing of Ezkerro:mad: :rollani: Great chances for the wizzard Etxeberria:strong: only for Rivas to clear of the line, and Ezkerro run and shot saved just over the bar by Prat!:mad:

Really Frustrating but its allways better when you play well and claim a point than play well and lose:groan: ;)

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
barça said:
A great match to see (same as the Valencia-Barcelona) and a good result for Barcelona. Sorry Txupa.
If Barça looses a couple of games I think we can see a beautiful fight for that 4th place. Barça, Athletic and Betis are playing very well lately, and Atlético is still over there. Actually those 3 teams are playing better than Depor (and they start CL) but the galegos are probably too far, at least for Athletic and Betis, don´t know for Barça.

Wimps said:
The only action being the smokebombs behind the goal and the Ikurrina's :proud::fero:.
Noticed it, Herri Norte is trying to bring back the early 90s atmosphere, actually the second half was probably one of the best games in terms of atmosphere this season, (not only the "north" part but all the stadium) not bad for a sunday night game where everyone is thinking about work or studies. And it´s demonstrated that when that connection between fans and players appear Athletic passes over the rival.

I really like all the color that the sparklers(?) bring, but they are prohibited and this will mean a sanction for the club, they should try other formulas to create the atmosphere. True that HNT makes a good use of them, if you know how to use them they aren´t risky, but thanks to crazy idiots they are well banned from football stadiums.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Wimps, do you get to see Athletic's matches live in England? :cool:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Bio - 5 points
Ivan Helguera - 8 points
The rest - 0 points

Todays winner :star: Ivan Helguera :star:

Are you Real? :confused:

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Txupa said:
If Barça looses a couple of games I think we can see a beautiful fight for that 4th place. Barça, Athletic and Betis are playing very well lately, and Atlético is still over there. Actually those 3 teams are playing better than Depor (and they start CL) but the galegos are probably too far, at least for Athletic and Betis, don´t know for Barça.
Barça still has to play, Depor (next week) Betis (at home) and at Real Madrid, so there is still big chances of stalling the move forward.

You know that Joaquin is now motivated to show how good he is again, as he wants to get out of Sevilla.

I agree on Depor, the key for them is if Barça beats them this weekend or not.

W

·
0 Posts
Wimps, do you get to see Athletic's matches live in England?
Yes watched the game on SKY Sports over here in England. The commentary seems kind of basic to me when they say stuff like "Athletic Club de Bilbao have allways used Basque players" repeatedly in every game i watch! And "Here is Julen Guerrero the ex. Golden boy of Basque Football" - Which is very true but kind of boring when you hear it in the Fourth consecutive match:rollani: :D :groan:

Dont even mention the interviews in the the pre-match preview with Beckham nearly every game aswell as the Real Madrid highlights always shown first before Athletic, Barcelona, Valencia and Depor, Which is hard to understand, but anyway that's enough moaning.:rolleyes:

However, I was impressed on Sunday night when for once (and probably one time only...:rolleyes: ) They have a preview on Athletic's history, Instead of Beckham's hair folicles on his left testicle:rollani::howler: . The interview centred on the great Andoni Zubizarreta and his explanation of Athletic's policy. At one stage he was asked if Beckham's son (Him again!!!) Brooklyn would be accepted by Athletic. He said, "Well, Yes but only if he was to live up in Pais Vasco and be good enough to come through the ranks at Athletic - But i doubt we would be able to afford his wages:D ) There was also a very stunning Basque girl doing the tours at Athletic, Does anyone know her name? :horny:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts