Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the best basque derby at this point which looking to the standings would be Eibar v Athletic buuuut..it's not bad anyway.

Reala were terrible about a month ago but suddenly they've improved considerably, scoring lots of goals in their last 3 games.

Athletic's last results are a bit worse (L'OM aside) but it's true the rivals were tougher. I think Athletic is not in the best moment of the season, but the team is very competitive anyway.

The lions will miss Xabi Etxeita (suspended), place which will probably be covered by Eneko Bóveda, as in previous games. We are also missing long term injured Ibai Gómez and well, Ander Iturraspe is doubtfull for some phisycall problems, as always this terrible season for him.

I think Valverde's original idea was rotating 2-4 players in this game thinking in the return Europa League game, but now that we got such a good score dunno if he'll do it. The one who plays tomorrow for sure is Benat, he is suspended for Europa League.

I see Valverde resting at least one or two players though, one will probably be Sabin (who normally never plays two consecutive games), the other might be Eraso.

Good news is that rumours say Raúl García will return to the list for tomorrow.

With all this, Valverde will probably start with:

Gorka Iraizoz

Óscar de Marcos - Eneko Bóveda - Aymeric Laporte - Mikel Balenziaga

Benat Etxebarria - Mikel San José

Inaki Williams - Iker Muniain - Markel Susaeta

Aritz Aduriz

On Reala's side, Eusebio still can't count with Agirretxe, who is a huge loss but not so big since Jonathas started scoring. Don't know if Zurutuza is fit enough to return in this game. Players to watch appart from the obvious suspects: Vela&Jonathas has to be the new wonderkid Oyarzabal, playing well and scoring goals in latest games.

Eusebio will probably start with:

Gerónimo Rulli

Aritz Elustondo - Mikel González - Inigo Martínez - Yuri Berchiche

Asier Illarramendi - Markel Bergara

Carlos Vela - Rubén Pardo - Mikel Oyarzabal

Jonathas de Jesús

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to answer my own question, Zurutuza made the list yes.

Players calledup by Eusebio:

Rulli, Oier Olazabal.
Zaldua, Elustondo, Mikel González, Reyes, Inigo Martinez, De la Bella, Yuri.
Markel Bergara, Rubén Pardo, Xabi Prieto, Illarra, Zurutuza, Bruma.
Vela, Jonathas, Oyarzabal.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Thanks for the preview Iribar. :thumbsup:

Good Agirretxe won't be playing :D, he should've been a real threat.

Why don't you expect Eraso to start instead of Muniain in your starting XI? I'm not a fan of Eraso, I think he's not good enough (yet), but Valverde played him all the time during Raul Garcia's injury.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rest, he's been playing a lot lately and looked tired in the last games.

I was right, both Eraso and Sabin left out of the list. Raúl returns. :cool:

Players called-up by Ernesto Valverde:

Iraizoz, Iago.
Bóveda, Elustondo, Laporte, De Marcos, Gurpegi, Balenziaga, Lekue.
San José, Benat, Iturraspe, Susaeta, Raúl García.
Williams, Muniain, Aduriz, Viguera.

Suspended: Etxeita
Injured: Ibai Gómez
Out: Eraso, Sabin Merino, Mikel Rico.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Starts in 40 minutes, Valverde plays the lineup I posted with Gurpegi instead of Bóveda. I was already thinking on that during the weak, as Jonathas is not fast but strong, probably an in-form Gurpe is a better option for that.

Gorka Iraizoz

Óscar de Marcos - Carlos Gurpegi - Aymeric Laporte - Mikel Balenziaga

Beñat Etxebarria - Mikel San José

Iñaki Williams - Iker Muniain - Markel Susaeta

Aritz Aduriz

Bench:
GK Iago Herrerín
DF Eneko Bóveda
DF Iñigo Lekue
DF Gorka Elustondo
MF Ander Iturraspe
MF Raúl García
FW Borja Viguera

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eusebio starts with:

Gerónimo Rulli

Aritz Elustondo - Mikel González - Iñigo Martínez - Yuri Berchiche

Diego Reyes - Asier Illarralmendi

Xabi Prieto - Carlos Vela - Mikel Oyarzabal

Jonathas de Jesús

Bench:
GK Oier Olazabal
DF Zaldua
DF De la Bella
MF Markel Bergara
MF Bruma
MF Zurutuza
MF Rubén Pardo

·
Registered
947 Posts
They are leading... this truely pisses me off. Aduriz cored in the first minute, but game was cancelled due to "offside". I couldn't see him being offside, but my stream did not really show it as well, to be fair...

·
Registered
947 Posts
Williams is injured now... damn it. :( He was hurt in a fight with I think it was Yuri..
Raúl García in now for Williams.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HT: Athletic 0-1 Real

I think the best thing so far is the score. We have to improve a lot in the second half, thing which won´t be easy as we´re probably tired from Marseille. I only save Balenziaga, the rest are playing horrible. Hope Iñaki´s injury isn´t serious.. :(

·
Registered
947 Posts
Just look at Real Suciedad, how they are playing... unfair timewasting all over the pitch, quite unfair playing as well, for example by Jonathas...

·
Registered
947 Posts
Williams has an "entorsis tobillo izquierdo" says Athletic Club via its app. My Spanish is not the best when it comes to medical terms.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Beñat dictates a lot in our success or failure... He played poorly today. Muni did well I thought. Was creative. Gurpe was caught ball-watching a few times. The ref seemed inconsistent today. All adds up to a very tough loss. Thought the team deserved at least a point there, but... Just hope the left ankle sprain of Iñaki is not serious. On to Thursday - Aupa Athletic!

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Horrible game, horrible referee, horrible everything.

I think that was a clear penalty where Williams got injured btw.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts