Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good is this guy? I have seen him only in a few games and he was impressive but I think people are overrating him. I've heard comments such as:

"He's a world class defender"
"He's the best Italian defender after Nesta and Canna"
"He'll be a big improvement should he join Milan"

How much of this is true since in all honesty, I haven't seen him that much?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Milan move for Barzagli Friday 3 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan are set to step up their interest in Palermo defender Andrea Barzagli, according to reports in Italy.

The Rossoneri are set to rejuvenate their ageing defence in the summer and a new centre-back is required.

After admitting that Lyon are unlikely to sell Brazilian stopper Cris for a reasonable fee, they have turned their attentions closer to home.

Barzagli has been monitored by the Italian giants for some time and the outfit have received some glowing reports from his international teammates.

The former Chievo stopper is now a regular in Marcello Lippi’s national squad and has impressed the likes of Alessandro Nesta, Andrea Pirlo and Gennaro Gattuso.

Although Palermo chief Maurizio Zamparini has stated in the past that the former Under-21 star is untouchable, Milan are ready to test his resolve.

The Rossoneri are said to be prepared to offer almost £7m for the versatile stopper who can also be used as an emergency full-back.

General director Ariedo Braida is poised to commence talks in an effort to land the ex-Piacenza player.

Milan need defensive reinforcements as Jaap Stam and Alessandro Costacurta are set to leave, while doubts remain over the fitness of Paolo Maldini.

channel4

·
Registered
479 Posts
Barzagli is best palyer in Palermo and best young defender in Italy. Juve is tring to buy him yet Zamparini want to try to keep him. However Barzagli contract isn't expire!!!!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Hardly, I think Barzagli is a good player and if he does go to a big club its because of his talent. After all all the big clubs have shown that they are not afraid of going abroad to find talent.

He is 24 and has some time to become alot better. Unlike Bonera who has stayed the same (minor improvemtns) in about 5 years, Barzagli has improved every year I have seen him ever since he was named the best player in Serie C1 at 20. Followed that up with a solid year in Serie B before a promising year at Chievo and now 2 quite good years with Palermo.

I think he needs the step up and a move to a big club. Milan would be a great move for him... basically he fails or succeds here and this is what we need to know. From what Ive see n of him he is very good though and maybe sometimes his position can be dodgy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts