Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tottenham close in on Karwan signing

Sunday 27th January 2002

Poland international Bartosz Karwan is expected to undergo a medical with Tottenham Hotspur in February with a view to making a permanent transfer from Legia Warsaw.

"It is nice to hear that such big club like Tottenham is interested in me," Karwan said. "But I can't talk about any of the details for the moment."

The right-sided midfielder has been in talks with Southampton as well as Bundesliga sides Schalke 04 and Hertha Berlin, but Tottenham have taken a jump on their rivals.

The 26-year-old, who helped Poland qualify for the World Cup finals, had been expected to travel to London this month, but has been forced by injury to put off a medical with Spurs until February.

"It is true that we are working on the deal," Karwan's agent Jerzy Kopa said. "Tottenham are interested in the player and we sent them some video cassettes of Bartosz playing.

"Unfortunately, Karwan will not be able to travel to England for talks and medical tests in the next few days because he is still recovering from an Achilles injury.

"It is likely that Tottenham officials will fly to Cyprus in February during Poland's training camp.

"Poland will play two friendly matches then: 10 February against the Faroe Islands and 13 February against Northern Ireland.

"Tottenham officials want to see Karwan playing in those matches and if everything goes well, he should be invited to undergo medical tests in England later in February."

Karwan has remained in Warsaw to recover from the injury while Legia begin pre-season training in Cyprus.

The Polish club is willing to sell Karwan as his contract expires in the summer and if they do not sell now they will miss out on the chance of a transfer fee.

Karwan is reported to have a clause in his contract allowing him to leave if a club offers £700,000.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Hopefully if we get him, he can drag his countryman Olisadabe to the Lane too (great striker)!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anybody knows anything about him?? don't know if it will be an official deal or not...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but i think this player is not coming...this is just another rumor... :rollani: oh well, i m pissed that newcastle have signed jenas...the kid from nottenham forest....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts