Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Barthez....Barthez....Barthez....Barthez....Barthez....Barthez....Barthez!

It's a class chant really

;)

·
Registered
775 Posts
(*) Forza Barthez (*)

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
BARTHEZ!!!!!

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
barthez vs sorenson??

gee tough call..

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
No comparison.......Barthez any day.He is World Class and best of all a born winner.:)

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
and he has flair, he enjoys what he does! this is why he is succesful and fits the united atmosphere

·
International
9,526 Posts
someone told me that Barthez is thinking of retiring at the end of the season and that we're thinking of buying mart Poom as a replacement?

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
someone told me that Barthez is thinking of retiring at the end of the season and that we're thinking of buying mart Poom as a replacement?
Really?WHO???:D:D

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
aaaagh thats gross!!! :(

AMOROSO is the only guy ive ever known that liked poooom

·
Registered
322 Posts
i also read fergies looking at the fenerbache keeper can`t remember his name but his suppose to be the goods.
yeah i heard barthez wants to go back to france,don`t no if its true of not read it on soccernet.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Barthez is better than Sorensen any day, any time :) :D

Attachments

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Thank you for welcoming me Jacob....I am already having a great time here.....

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Sorry, but Barthez is imo a shame for the United goal. He's way overrated and quite often produces mistakes. For instance his "clowning" at Highbury probably cost us the title...

I hope for a class keeper like Schmeichel was for so many years to replace Barthez, but I fear that won't happen...

·
Registered
579 Posts
He's had an uncharacteristically mistake filled season this year. But Barthez to me is a player who made his reputation during France 98 and Euro 2000. In short, his reputation was never that amazing at a club level. He's the best of the French but how much does that say? I'd rank Kahn, Buffon, Toldo, and several others ahead of him.

He's cost us several games which easily would have handed us the PL title this season but looking forward, I think Fergie's got to be looking really hard at his inconsistency as well as his bench and make some aggressive moves in the off-season.

Perhaps we won't get rid of Barthez but Roy Carroll and Van der Gouw probably won't be on the bench again next season. We need a goalkeeper that can actually challenge for Barthez position. Maybe that'll bring him back down to earth.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
i dont tihnk barthez has had a completely mistake filled season, perhaps last year he did, but this year he has been good i believe.

Roy carrol is a quality back up and could step into the 1st tem easily, but why woudl we want that?? Barthez is quality.

And what is it about italian goal keepers? we got barthez for what? 7.8 million pounds!! Buffon went to Juve for 30 million pounds i think?

Over rated or what??

·
Registered
579 Posts
Buffon's 30mm or anyone wage package alone doesn't make them overrated. It's how they perform on the pitch. If Man United had paid 28mm for Ruud, I'm not sure that anyone would have called that money poorly spent.

Also, Barthez season this year has not been completely mistake filled -- but has been uncharacteristically so. Actually, I'd say the 2000-2001 season was far better for him. I should only have to mention the Arsenal game for an example of the rather unusual, Taibi-like blunders he made which cost us on several occassions this year.

And as for Roy Carroll, he's OK. He's fine for a substitute but I don't think Fergie would be willing to sell Barthez only to have Carroll step up into the number 1 role. Barthez is a guy who needs a little extra something to keep his mind on the game. Someone who week in and week out is pressuring him to be better, a earn his first-team place is not a bad idea.

Barthez is not quaking in his boots because Roy Carroll's next in line :p

The rotational system we have in place has worked wonders. It's probably the reason why Beckham was hitting such mesmerizing form before his injury. If it applies elsewhere on the pitch, it should apply to both the goalkeepers and defenders. And that means strengthen the bench!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts