Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
56,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the casa affair.
he will miss 4 matchs with marseille and the france/hugary match.
do you think the sanction is right?

·
Registered
56,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i heard the journalists of l'équipe tv. they said that barthez is not a récidiviste, so he deserved a clémence. plus seems the referee insulted barthez and it was the reason why barthez got mad.

·
Registered
56,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ot, have you heard the news? gernot rohr is nomore nice manager. that's unfair.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
yeah, sould be 6 months no less (but no more since the situation of the match was weird to say the least, by the reports)
if the ref did insult him he should be punished too

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
About right, regardless of what the ref called him "espèce de what now?", it was a scumbag thing to do.

·
Registered
56,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i feel sorry for him.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Could someone explain what happened, I'm curious to know.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Thanks for the link Washingtone17, I appreciate it.
Quite surprising for Barthez to do that, as far as I know he's not a player that acts out like that?
I wonder if he was provoked?

too bad that happened, but there's got to be punishment for such behaviour...Best of luck to him in riding this one out.

·
Registered
56,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you're right D-lite, barthez is not this kind of player. he knows how to make him respected on the field but never been agressive.
in this case, the ref told him something bad and that's the reason why he reacted in that way. it was stupid because it was just a friendly match but seems the tension was very big. also, he was not playing, he didn't have to enter on the field.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts

·
Registered
56,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'm sorry washington, maybe you don't know him enough, but barthez is not a bad guy. you can ask to the french xtratimers, they will confirm it.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
The Blindest Can See (part 28)

I know Barthez well enough thank you.

And you should be sorry only if you are wrong.

Goods guys or girls who commit bad deeds one time too many should be punished, however regrettable, and especially if his or her actions are considered extreme and premeditated...

BTW suggesting you need to be 'french xtratimers' to confirm Barthez's level of evil-ability is like saying only Nazi Reich 'Germans' (or more precisely modern day Austrians) can judge Hitler and his (multi-national) deeds.

Mali, I believe you are wrong and make no apologies for saying it.

Moroccans, as well as Indians and Pakistanis have, can and will judge the French, however erroneous and insulting that may feel, and when their judgement counts, our intolerance indicates to me, at least, a level of maladjustment of highly arrogant and strangely ill-perceiving proportions that can, too often, lead to spitting, wars and genocide, if not in that particular order.

The blindest can see...

·
Registered
56,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
washington, my dear washington:)
when i say that french xtratimers can avoid what i said, it's simply because as barthez is french, played most of the time in french league, is the captain of french squad and one of the most liked french players; mediatically speaking, french people do have more elements for tell how the guy is.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
And french people 'know' him better than Linda because she is Canadian-born and with 'Italian' parents?

·
Registered
56,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
washingtone. we will not make a cheese of this.
if you pretend to know barthez better than us and if you affirm to me that barthez is a bad guy, i'm ready to believe you.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
The Blindest Can See (part 30)

washingtone17 said:
...will judge the French, however erroneous and insulting that may feel...
I cannot pretend I do not know the devil better than most, and that some are closer to her than I, and perhaps even you, could ever imagine.

Eva Braun was born in Munich, had two eyes and a nose yet still did not see or smell that Adolf was a bad guy while, and when, she laid her life beside him.

Like I said, the blindest can see.

Assuming what me, Linda, Canadians, Italians, Moroccans, Indians and Pakistanis could possibly know and not know would make you as good a bad arbiter as Abdellah El Achiri, I believe, if you believe all you see in the papers…

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Making Chesse; Feeling Eva and Linda

mali said:
washingtone. we will not make a cheese of this.
The human who sat next to me in the theatre last night had a distinctly cheesy smell that accompanied each breath.

Yet, I was determined not to make a cheese of this and did not allow my nose to spoil my viewing.

And though the devil-in-me wanted to confess my strain of tolerance, it was overpowered by the coward-in-me that suffered my pain in silence.

And at that moment, when that battle had been won, I felt, in that windswept theatre of war, I understood Eva and I understood Linda.

And as I strain to type this now, I battle to understand you.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts