Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sir Alex Ferguson has rubbished speculation over the future of Fabien Barthez by insisting the keeper will still be a United player next season.
Barthez's future was the subject of intense debate during the closing weeks of the season with the France star reported to be set for a return to his homeland.
But Ferguson has now spoken out on the matter, claiming the former Monaco star is going nowhere.
"Fabien came to me himself to say that agents had been phoning him saying that clubs were making a bid for him and that he was for sale," said Ferguson.
"Agents have been telephoning him to say that Manchester United were selling him to such and such a club but that is absolute nonsense.
"That certainly didn't come from us and I told him that. He is definitely happy at Old Trafford and he's staying - we don't want to sell him," the Reds chief told the club's website.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Jussi Jääskeläinen to replace Barthez?

Finnish NT keeper Jussi "Jässi" Jääskeläinen has been rumoured to be joining ManU. News of the World among others had said that ManU had been in talks with Bolton over a possible transfer fee and Ferguson is rumoured to be a big fan of the Finnish keeper. Yes, I know you shouldn't trust "News of the World" but Jääskeläinen was chosen as the best keeper in the Premiership this season & would be a great replacement for the Frenchman, Barthez. What have they been saying about this in Manchester?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
lets hope he stays.......i really enjoyed when he made mistakes. he really did some funny stuff especially with wes brown :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts