Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BARRY: I STILL WANT TO LEAVE
England international Gareth Barry has insisted he still wants to quit struggling Aston Villa.

The 20-year-old had a transfer request rejected earlier this season and enjoyed a brief spell in the first team over the Christmas period.

But Barry has been dropped by manager John Gregory in recent weeks and has once again broadcast his intention to leave Villa Park.

He said: "Nothing has happened to make me change my mind about my future. It's gone back to before.

"I just want to be playing at Villa and at the moment that's not happening so I'm in the same situation as when I put the transfer request in.

"It's become frustrating again. I got a chance not long ago and played out of position but, when I felt I was only a couple of games away from getting my fitness back, Hassan Kachloul came straight back into the team.

"That was very disappointing because I felt I was doing a steady job. I felt there was still more to come from me as I was getting fitter and the match fitness came back."

Barry, who was a regular member of the England squad just over 12 months ago and a virtual ever-present with Villa, moved from Brighton in 1997 and has played 100 league games.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts