Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New boss relishing Boavista test

The surprise appointment of former Welsh international Peter Nicholas to the manager's position at Barry Town has added spice to their already attractive Uefa Cup tie with Portuguese side Boavista.

The 72-times capped Nicholas has left a coaching job with Crystal Palace to link up with the Dragons.

" Being drawn against a club like Boavista makes it an exciting challenge for us, " said Nicholas. "It will be our intention to win both legs and so go through to the next round. There will be no question of going over there and settling for a draw.

" There is a lot of money to be made in Europe, " he added. " But it is up to the players to earn that money. To do that they must be fitter than last season and that means training morning and afternoon from now on.

"If we cannot match our opponents technically, then we have to be even better than they are when it comes to fitness levels."

Remember, Barry Town were the team that lost 8-0 to Dynamo Kiev in last year's Champions League qualifiers in the opening round.

If Boavista cant get past this pub team, Portuguese football will look even more hilarious.

J

·
0 Posts
OH MY GOD if BOAVISTA loses here man am i gonna cover my face PORTUGUESE soccer has always been on the way down but i think this is gonna be the year we will prove EVERY ONE WRONG...

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
somehow I see Barry Town putting together a 0-0 draw at Bessa and then winning 1-0 in their stadium

C

·
0 Posts
we are obvious favorites here, but need to be careful. winning big in bessa is the key

L

·
0 Posts
Naah, Boavista will win like 4-0 at home and 2-0 away. These guys might have a lot of spirit but that can only take you so far. Don't forget Boavista is a team who has eliminated teams like Inter, Lazio, and Atletico Madrid in the not so distant past.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts