Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gareth Barry is the late arrival in the England squad for the forth coming friendlies. He deserves it - what a season he has had.

Up the Villa

------------------
JLloyd

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes...Barry is one of my favorite players. But i think he should be in midfield.....

But this cant help Ugo, i mean the youngest of our back three gets the call up.....

I dont think he would get the call up even if he was in a london team.....

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Yep, this is twice that Barry has been called up...Ugo can no longer think that it is because of Villa....although I think that it is a disgrace that he has not been called up! :(
UGO 4 ENGLAND!

As for Barry....lets hope he gets to play this time! :)

And Keegan says that he will not judge James for the goalkeeping error during THAT match!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think Mr Gregory helps Ugo's cause. You never hear him stay anything about Ugo - he has to bear in mind that I don't think we won last season without Ugo in the team.

Ugo 4 England Up the Villa

------------------
JLloyd

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yes he is!!!!

Ugos the man!!!

------------------
JLloyd

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hoesntly i think ugo is a really tough defender to get through,...
but there are adams,keown,southgate who are better...

but i think that he ha been very consistent and is one of the most underrated defenders in EPL...

maybe when adams keown retire..he'll have a chance..

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Ugo's da man!!! To echo Jlloyd! :)

For most Villa fans he is better than Gareth Southgate....but so under-rated with the England managers! :(

------------------
WESV

WESF

- Lealdade, Humildade e Procedimento

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I have to agree with you Natalya, for me Southgate is over-rated and Ehiogu is very much under-rated. When we were looking for new centrebacks last summer, I was hoping GH would take a look at Ugo, but we got Hyppia instead (and I have to admit I'm very happy with him :) ) and Henchoz, and the rest is history as they say!

Ugo seems to have that Curse Steve Bruce had throughout his career, commonly known as the best English defender not to play for England. I hope that Ugo gets at least a chance!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Liverpool can keep their dirty little mitts off my Ugo! I'm glad that GH didn;t look at my Ugo! :)

It's a shame that he has only received 1 England cap...he definitely deserves more!

As for our Gareth (Southgate that is!) he is still a great defender and a great leader and deserves his place in the squad!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Although Ugo is a good defender both him an Barry need Southgate there to keep them all together. When Southgate is not there they seem to be all over the place. People slag Gareth off but he is the perfect professional and all round nice guy. If you watch him in a game he keeps talking and pumping confidence into the team.

Southgate, Ugo, Barry, Merson, Dublin, Wright and James for England!!!!!!!

Up the Villa!

------------------
JLloyd

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I'm better than the Nevilles! hehehehe

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Southgate is a great leader as I said before...he is underestimated and like Jlloyd said he is always keeping the boys going!

As for Dublin in the squad...NO WAY! I wish we would sell him!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts