Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
i think hes on steroids, but im just an asshole so who knows..

if its proven he was taken roids though then a lot of the stuff he did is bullshit.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Steroids, no steroids, dopesnt matter that much. Sure they help a lot with teh power, but we kno wpower is not all in hitting. And the guy can hit like noone else. Noone.

besides, how do we know Babe or Maise were not on steroids ... there was not even tests back then. None. Just lloking at the re-born scandal with teh German NT in 54 who defeated teh Great Hungarian Dream team makes you wonder a lot.

BB is oen of teh greatest ever. Soon to be THE ONE, one may be ...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I've heard Bonds family made 1000 home runs.:eek: :cool:

He is accused of using steroids, but no one knows:confused:

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
wedont know if they were on steroids...but we could know for sure bonds was....and i know a lot of hitting is technique and a lot of that...but if he is actually proven to be taken steroids then i wont really regard him as near a micky mantle or babe ruth b/c there is a difference from hitting a homerun and hitting a pop fly into the outfield...and steroids can help make the difference.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
This is fricken hillarious stuff...

I went to the game yesterday and he hit number 668 and him and his father are the only father/son combo to have 1,000 homeruns.

If Bonds was on steroids that wouldn't make a difference one iota. Especially at his age, steroids usage would actually slow him down. Barry has the two skills that all good homerun hitters have, bat speed and vision. Both of these, steroids does nothing for.

Hitting a 95 mile per hour fastball is probably the single most difficult thing to do in any sport. If not, it's one of. Dropping steroids doesn't aid that in any way shape or form.

Bat Speed, the further the bat comes around the harder the ball gets hit. Bonds has always been the fastest bat in the Majors for quite some time. To argue that Steroids would help him drive a ball farther, doesn't hold water. This flyball that's caught versus it being hit out of the ballpark is ludicrous. If you take steroids but don't have bat speed, you won't hit a ball out of the park. It's plain and simple.

Is he the best player? No, Ruth and maybe Mays. Mays vs Bonds is for debate but who knows. We shall see after he's done.

Ruth is a hard one because he won over 300 games as a pitcher as well. Ruth had it all and a also had a severe alcohol problem....

Cheers for now...I will also be at the game this evening.....

D

·
0 Posts
Best ever?? he's in the top 3 for sure. Mickey Mantle is IMO the best ever, Barry or the Babe in the number 2 spot, with the other in the 3 slot.

I actaully think that Junior Griffey is a better player than Barry, Babe and Mickey but his move to the Reds has ruined his chances of A)gaining recognition as the greatest, and B)breaking the HR record.

I don't think Barry's on steroids to be honest, i just think he's an amazing player.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts