Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is he comming yes or no?
Replacement for Nakata possibly?

we need another strong centre back, no more attacanti after Milan!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Anything can happen before transfer window opens again. At the moment we have Miccoli, Pazzini, Bojinov and Rigano. If Bojinov stays and we'll buy rest of Miccoli I don't think we'll need another striker.

·
6,645 Posts
We need to stay in Serie A.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get rid of Rigano' and relegate Nakata somewhere...Baros will play behind two forwards...perfect

·
Registered
396 Posts
our priorities:
1. staying up in serie A
2. reinforcing the defense
3. solidifying coaching position... prandelli?
4. bringing in more offensive minded players.
i love baros, but we dont need to put more money and effort into the offensive side of our team right now

·
6,645 Posts
Baros as an attacking midfielder? And where are we going to find a coach who plays with three attackers?

Our attack is sufficent, we need a better offensive midfielder, a goalie and a whole lotta defenders if we stay in Serie A.

Abbiati, Tudor, Bonera and Marchionni would be a tremendous transfer market.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prandelli is the most likely coach for next season and whilst i would love to have another keepe and at least 2 quality defenders, Baros is huge and could take us places. If we are able to get him in a deal, i say get him and take the chance.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Can someone explain why Baros's name keeps comming up? I mean, he's with Liverpool right now, and from what I've seen they have been pretty short on forwards all season (ever since they sold Owen). They're a team that doesn't look like they can afford to let any more go. Do they have other players comming in this summer that would allow them offload him?

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
No, i honestly dont think he will come... he has now settled his argument with Benitez and has said he is fully focused on Liverpool..
I think a player like Crespo would be more suited at the end of the season if milan dont keep him

·
Registered
904 Posts
Doesn't Chelsea still own Crespo?

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
I don't know why should Baroš move to Fiorentina since when he plays for much better club- Liverpool. However he is not happy in Liverpool and he has asked the club to sell him in the summer, so nothing is impossible. The player prefers Spain and top-clubs though, so I don't rate Fiorentina's chances highly.

And Baroš as an attacking midfielder? That player doesn't look around, he just runs and when in-form he also scores lots of goals. He should play in 4-4-2 or something like that as a forward, nothing else. He's been horrible lately btw.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fiorentina arnt exactly minnows, i believe a worthy European team. I doubt he'll be comming our way unless he is given full match time, and in 4-4-2 situation, that means dropping a big name. Unless he playes behind the front two, we have no room. Bonera and Bovo would be great signings, plus a keeper. Maybe, just maybe, we would be able to get Baros...like i said, it would be interesting.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I'm not too keen on Baros. He's a good finisher, but selfish. It's hard to see that next season, we'll be a club challenging for the top 4. Therefore, I don't think we need anything more than Miccoli, Bojinov, Pazzini and a fourth striker, eg Rigano. Assuming we keep all those players.

I hope Nakata leaves as soon as possible.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
We don't need a direct replacement for Nakata. If we get Marchionni, we can play a 4-4-2 with him and Jorgensen on the wings and Miccoli and Bojinov up front.
We might as well try to swap Nakata for Meghni since Mazzone is a well-known Nakata fan..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts