Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Baronio to get Lazio chance Thursday 25 April, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roberto Baronio will return to the Lazio first team next season after his Fiorentina loan spell ends, according to his agent.

There were rumours that the former Under-21 international could be sold by the capital side this summer after a rather disappointing campaign.

But it now seems that the midfielder could be a major reference point for the new Lazio cycle.

"Baronio is in Lazio’s plans for the future. He will return to the capital to stay and not simply to be used as a pawn in possible transfer activity," said agent Antonelli.

"I’ve spoken regularly with Lazio sporting director Lello Governato in recent weeks. He assured me that Roberto is highly rated by the club.

"Another positive is with the probable arrival of Roberto Mancini as Coach. The former Viola boss is a massive fan of my client and a first team place could be assured for him. Something that Baronio finally deserves."

Much has been expected of the gifted playmaker but a lack of first team opportunities with the Biancocelesti has halted his progress.

He signed for the Olimpico outfit in 1996 but was loaned out to Vicenza and then Reggina where he really shined in the 1999-2000 campaign.

However, he returned to Lazio only to sit on the bench for the following campaign. He moved on loan to Fiorentina last summer.

channel4

1 - 1 of 1 Posts