Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simone Barone has stated that he's a Milanista since childhood and that he would like to play next to Kaka and Rui Costa and that he model himself after Albertini.

-------------------

So, maybe now you can give poor Bonera a break? Every single one of our players dream about being somewhere else. But this is not something strange. It's just natural.

·
Registered
45,552 Posts
Barone was at Controcampo, a TV program in which the conductor, Piccinini, always makes this kind of questions to the players looking for a scoop. Barone was asked "Would you like to play for Milan?" What could he answer?
Piccinini did the same with Adriano, who was "forced" to say that he would like to play for Milan, in the past and now I don't remember very well, but once Piccinini made many difficult questions to Martins who hardly understood what Piccinini was asking to him. Martins simply said: "No" or "Yes" with a big "?" printed in the his face and Piccinini: "Really? This is a scoop!"

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Barone was at Controcampo, a TV program in which the conductor, Piccinini, always makes this kind of questions to the players looking for a scoop. Barone was asked "Would you like to play for Milan?" What could he answer?
Piccinini did the same with Adriano, who was "forced" to say that he would like to play for Milan, in the past and now I don't remember very well, but once Piccinini made many difficult questions to Martins who hardly understood what Piccinini was asking to him. Martins simply said: "No" or "Yes" with a big "?" printed in the his face and Piccinini: "Really? This is a scoop!"
:howler: so true :howler:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I mean when these players were growing up they see these big teams and obviously as many do follow the big teams.Oh well what is there to say don't worry about it.You know as well as I do Parma has really began making their name in the last decade or so true?
But I can see it must S**T you if you hear a player say I'd really like to play here and there and what ever else.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Lesson one of practical skills on selling: how to make people say yes?! :devil:

It's the trick, and all people in journalism or sales and marketing have received this kind of training! :howler:

Two choices are provided in this kind of close-end questions, but in reality people have no choices when they face this kind of tricky question on air: "would you like to play for _________ (fill in the name of any of the famous/popular/rich/top clubs)?" Together with some pressure from the host and that they want to be humble and polite in public at the same time, they are most likely "forced" to give the answer that the host would like to hear. :rolleyes:

I bet every footballer would be asked this kind of question from time to time, and what next? Someone would start to make rumours/stories based on these answers. Remember that Ferrari interview last time, in which he was quoted to say that he would like to play in Juve colours? :tongue:

Ignore it. Simone was only "forced" to say yes. ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Piccinini did the same with Adriano, who was "forced" to say that he would like to play for Milan,
Barone watched last years CL final in Piazza Duomo in Milan, he's always been Milanista, like Bazzani;)

Piccinini did not "force" Adriano to say Milan, he asked him "Were would you like to play next year?" Adriano answered "Milan":D

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
At least Barone would consider a move. Bonera would pay to play for them.:groan:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Professor X said:
At least Barone would consider a move. Bonera would pay to play for them.:groan:
How the phuck do you know that?!?

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
VERDI said:
How the phuck do you know that?!?

The way he fights on the field. The comments he makes.

Btw why do you like to defend the one who are useless for us. Like Nakata, Milosevic etc etc?

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Cause Bonera ain't useless. Unless you can think of a better right back in our roster currently.

There isn't any, right?
Well then, what has Bonera done this season? Or last year? He hasn't done a SHIT but living on his phucking reputation. Why not sell him and let Castellini play there? At least the old man played good defensly. Just look at his game against Roma FFS. This is how he has bein for the whole season.

WE SHOULDN'T DEFEND PLAYERS WHO DON'T DESERVE IT!!! We paid more than 10 millions euro for Bonera and all he is doing for us is dreaming about Juve or Milan.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I agree that Bonera is not as good as his reputation suggested. But he is definitely not as crap as you make him to be. He just returned from an injury so it's only natural he is still not on top form.

As for Castellini, commendable as his performances as a right back may be, he remains a central defender, and a good one at that, and I much prefer him there.

When's Cardone due to be back?

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
I agree that Bonera is not as good as his reputation suggested. But he is definitely not as crap as you make him to be. He just returned from an injury so it's only natural he is still not on top form.

As for Castellini, commendable as his performances as a right back may be, he remains a central defender, and a good one at that, and I much prefer him there.

When's Cardone due to be back?
But he has been this bad/good before the injury to AMO. And I bet his wages aren't small either. Anyway, I just don't like when he is being defended even though we all know he hasn't been good at all. You can't compare him to Barone. While Barone has been one of our best Bonera has been the opposite. Barone also costed us very little and has gived a lot back for that. I would understand if he wants to play for Milan one day, he really deserves it, but Bonera don't. Bonera even doesn't deserve Parma as he is playing right now. He did one good (not great) season with Brescia and has since then been praised as one of the best defenders in Italy. He won a NT cap, but hasn't done anything but going backward since then.

Cardone was injured for a couple of months ago and I belive he should be ready soon. Give him some weeks to and he will be fit I belive. His injury looks really bad and he shouldn't hurry with anything right now. We are well covered in defence and the important thing for him is to recover 100%.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Bonera has proven his worth on a number of occasions this season & we are weaker team when he is injured. Who cares if he doesn't fight like Barone or Benny? He's still a solid right back & until Cardone is back, our only real choice there.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Bonera is even a better rightback then Cardone is. It's not his fault that we overpaid for his signature. We can't get that money back anyway, so just let him play and judge him for what he does on the field.

I mean Cannavaro sucks compared to Bonera. I don't see him getting much slack around here.
I don't care what words come out of Bonera's mouth aslong as it's not downright degrading, and so far it hasn't been.

About Barone, I don't care much about this. It doesn't change the fact that he's been a great player for us ever since joining us from Chievo, and I don't believe for one moment that he's the slightest unhappy at playing at Parma.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Personally I think Bonera has been alright for us. He's not spectacular but he's not bad either. And we shouldn't forget that also he is a natural central defender...

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
VERDI said:
Personally I think Bonera has been alright for us. He's not spectacular but he's not bad either. And we shouldn't forget that also he is a natural central defender...
Well I wouldn't call him a natural central defender. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The only position where Bonera really excells is to the right in a three-man defence.

At least so far he hasn't proven me wrong. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts