Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to their agents (its on calciomanager.it - can't be bothered to do the translation mambo jumbo), Simone Barone who is at co-property with Chievo and Alberto Gilardino who is on loan at Hellas Verona could be joining Parma in time for next season. Barone is a local Parma boy from our primavera and wants to play for us (he didn't play much at Chievo this season being behind Corini+Perrota) while Gilardino is from Piacenza so he is quite local as well.

Don't think any of them can help us, really.

·
Registered
404 Posts
We donneed dem!

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Barone is quit a good defending midfielder, he is kindda like Baronio from Lazio but i think our Barone is more versatile and has a better ball control, i think he can play quit good with Lamouchi or Nakata...

Gilardino on the other hand is just a waste of talent, loan him out again...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Gilardino on the other hand is just a waste of talent, loan him out again...
Hmmm... Gentile must be out of his mind, as he's picked Gilardino to the U-21 squad :rolleyes:

I would not mind adding a sixth U-21 talent to the Gialloblu roster...:cool:

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Kari said:

Hmmm... Gentile must be out of his mind, as he's picked Gilardino to the U-21 squad :rolleyes:

I would not mind adding a sixth U-21 talent to the Gialloblu roster...:cool:
You really have a problem with understanding me eh?:)

I will explain it too you, if Gilardino comes to parma now he will not play much, so if you don't play you sit on the bench, or worse, whits in his case would be a waste o' talent.

CaPICE?

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Gilardino hasn't succeded in Verona this season. Ratingwise he was their worst player, so it's pretty clear that he isn't ready yet. Personally, I think a year with Verona in serie B wouldn't be bad for him.
Personally I rate both Grieco and Montano over Gilardino at this point, eventhough Gilardino is more a striker, and the other two are secounda punta types or whatever the description is.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Gilardino hasn't succeded in Verona this season. Ratingwise he was their worst player, so it's pretty clear that he isn't ready yet.
So, what did I say? Gentile must be out his bl...y mind...:D

Well, more seriously: this was exactly the case with Ferrari the season before he joined Parma. He was Inter's worst player in the ratings. And is someone saying he was not ready to play for Parma this season? :confused:

My point: as I understand, Parma is building a real future force based on young talent. Maybe Bonera, Bonazzoli, Ferrari, Marchionni, and even Little Canna are more ready - but just maybe. We should stick to our young talent and give them a fair chance to play - for Parma. We cannot do any worse than this season :depress:

As far as I know, that's why we hired Prandelli - to turn boys to men.

Sorry for not understanding, Willem...maybe it's your phrasing...or my hastiness? ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts