Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barmby (Everton!) has stated he wants a move to Liverpool. Speculation that a deal is on the cards which includes a player in exchange (Of Titi, Thompson or Friedel).

Thoughts?

This would make our midfield

Left: Diomede / Barmby
Left Mid: Hamann / Macallister
Right mid: Gerrard / Rednapp
Right: Smicer / Thompson
Berger (Free role)

Not bad - although still a bit thin if Rednapp is injured, Thompson is swapped or Smicer doesn't get his act together.
Could still do with another quality midfielder.

Agree / disagree?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
It's true that Barmby can play on the left but if he is bought I think that he will play, primarily on the right instead of Smicer whose popularity sems to be disminishing by the day. I think that he deserves a proper shot at it though as we all know that he is class. without the injuries IMO he would be in the side playing well.

X

·
0 Posts
yes barmby can play on the left...but his fav. position is the right/middle midfield.........and if Gh buys him it's mainly to get him play on his fav. pos.!!!!

i don't think barmby is better than smicer...just look at how he plays for the czechs and that 2nd goal he scored against scheichel....he's much better than barmby..
but since we are also in european compeititon....it won't be a bad idea getting barmby as back-up although we already ahve plenty in thompson, heggem, carragher....

barmby is a good player ..but not really a world-class quality...doesn't score enough goals anyway...

but getting him for 4M isn't that bad...

D

·
0 Posts
Liverpool must increase their offer if they are to sign Nick Barmby from Everton. They have offered £3.5m but will have to increase that offer to nearer the £5.75m Everton paid Middlesbrough for Barmby.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Yeah , but when Everton bought him from Wimbeldon he still had 2-3 years in his contract left now he has one.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doesn't bother me at all.

However looks like scum utd have got involved aswell as Chelsea. Assuming we really want him (and I think we do) this will be a test of where his loyalties lie.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Although when I say ManUre got involved read - Smith + Sir Alcoholic = friends therefore Hike up price what with Smith likely to be the next ManUre manager and all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts