Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have Liverpool made a terrible mistake in signing Nick Barmby from bitter rivals Everton? I could understand if he was signed for about £4 million and to a club of less stature of Liverpool, such as a club on the rise like Sunderland. He has never hit his best form since leaving Spurs to join Boro and I believe he will struggle again at the Reds. He is a good player but not one who would improve Liverpool's squad like Babbel and Diomede. This follows the awful signing of Gary Mc Allister from Coventry who is well past it. If someone has played for the blue of Everton they surely must never play for the mighty Reds.

·
Registered
441 Posts
errr.....what, not even if he's a Liverpool fan? We also didn't buy him for 6, the package was 6, but we paid Everton 4.5 - feel better now?

Point taken though - he has a lot to prove

Macallister was free! and he scored more goals for Coventry than our entire midfield last season and he is going to help teach the youngsters.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should know by now I don't really like Barmby. So the answer is a resounding NO!

I mean, I don't mind him being fat, but he's not even half as good as Jan Molby.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I posted this in another thread, but it fits in here too.......

lets look at the new signings - GAry Mac, player of the year at his old club, Barmby, player of the year at everton, Ziege (soon to be ours?), player of the year at M'borough, Diomede, player of the year at Auxerre and babbel is world class. All these are great confidence boosting additions to our squad and add Arphexad for back up and we are up for it this year against anyone.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would be nice if Liverpool had two of Germany's best players :) , especially now that there are so few :(

Babbel though, world-class :rolleyes:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Did anyone read Soccernet's amusing/crap/space-filling report on Mrs Babbel, saying she is a pain in the as* and will cause headache for GH with her antics?

Gave me an impression of Mrs Beckham.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts