Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Otto Baric wanted to build a new Salzburg - within a short period. Now he had to face reality - which means a Salzburg that can't afford expensive players - and decided to quit...:eek:

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
It's Baric. So no surprise, imo.
Södergard will be dancing on the ceiling! :)

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Even Baric realized that Salzburg has not much to offer next season.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Well, I guess he couldn't reach the expected "wages" by signing only young Austrians...

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
MxPx said:
Even Baric realized that Salzburg has not much to offer next season.
I'd say Salzburg hasn't much to offer because of Baric!

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ivo, the fact is that Baric possibly could have revived Salzburg, but he's been too naive about the clubs potential. And it's quite strange that he leaves a club before the season...

·
International
8,545 Posts
I'm sure you know I was just kidding around there.

But on the issue, Baric should've know the situation at Salzburg, there's no excuse for not knowing, it's his job to know.

As far as quitting before the season, I agree it's strange and wrong of him to do. He made an agreement and should've honoured it, regardless of what he might have thought coming in.

·
International
8,545 Posts
It just dawned on me that Baric may be the next coach for Croatia. Current coach Mirko Jozic has recently stated that he would not renew his contract which runs out on August 1rst I believe and it could be that Baric has agreed to terms and just hasn't said anything yet.

Mind you this is just a possibility and there's nothing to support it.

·
International
8,545 Posts
You have to remember that life as a coach is unique. Take a look at Lippi, things went poorly for him at Juve a few years back, then at Inter things were probably worse, then he came back to Juve and they won lo scudetto.

So things might not have worked for Baric and Austria, but that doesn't make him a bad coach and I hope he comes home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts